Gnus is sick! `Denied posting -- empty article'

Merciadri Luca

Apr 13, 2010, 4:55:55 PM4/13/10

Cecil Westerhof

Apr 14, 2010, 2:25:48 AM4/14/10
Merciadri Luca <Luca.Me...@student.ulg.ac.be> writes:

> Now, when I want to send an answer to a message in a given thread,
> whatever the group, I often encounter the `Denied posting -- empty
> article' error. I had never seen this before today.
>
> To post anyway, I am obliged to follow this algorithm:
>
> while (article_post_fails) {
>
> * Use Edit > Undo
> * article_post_fails = doesThisStuffWorks()
>
> }

I have had this problem also several times. Not often, but I did get it.
So he is not the only one who got this problem.

--
Cecil Westerhof
Senior Software Engineer

Gijs Hillenius

Apr 14, 2010, 2:43:34 AM4/14/10
On 13 Apr 2010, Merciadri Luca wrote:

> For months, I have been using Gnus without any problem for both
> e-mails and Usenet messages.
>
> Now, when I want to send an answer to a message in a given thread,
> whatever the group, I often encounter the `Denied posting -- empty
> article' error. I had never seen this before today.

You write the error never happened before today. Did you make any
changes? Ran updates?

Merciadri Luca

Apr 14, 2010, 5:43:24 AM4/14/10

Yes, I installed AUCTeX. I now get `Search failed: "#"' when I want to
send my message. The message is never sent anymore. I did nothing!
(That is why I use here my Google account to answer; sorry if the
message is not signed.)