Problem with BBDB completion in Gnus

Ashish SHUKLA

Jun 24, 2009, 10:59:03 PM6/24/09
Hi everyone,

I use BBDB for managing my addressbook. BBDB works great with Gnus
except for this little problem. If email address of the contact contains
period (.) character, then the name is not completed only email address
is completed. Any ideas why ?

Following is my BBDB configuration:

#v+
(add-to-list 'load-path "~/.emacs.d/elisp/bbdb/lisp")

(eval-after-load 'bbdb
'(progn
(bbdb-initialize 'gnus 'sc 'message 'sendmail)
(add-hook 'gnus-startup-hook 'bbdb-insinuate-gnus)
(eval-after-load 'sendmail
(add-hook 'mail-setup-hook 'bbdb-insinuate-sendmail))))

(autoload 'bbdb "bbdb")
#v-

Thanks
--
Ashish SHUKLA

Jonathan J

Jun 27, 2009, 7:47:37 AM6/27/09
On Jun 25, 4:59 am, wahj...@gmail.com (Ashish SHUKLA) wrote:

> I use BBDB for managing my addressbook. BBDB works great with Gnus
> except for this little problem. If email address of the contact contains
> period (.) character, then the name is not completed only email address
> is completed. Any ideas why ?

I had the exact same problem! Try setting bbdb-dwim-net-address-allow-
redundancy to t, at least that solved the problem for me. For more
info, check out "Configuring the BBDB" on http://bbdb.sourceforge.net/faq.html

Ashish SHUKLA

Jun 28, 2009, 12:23:31 AM6/28/09

Thanks Jonathan, this works for me :).