Grouping Listed Messages by Day

Volkan YAZICI

Aug 4, 2009, 2:56:55 AM8/4/09

How can I group/cluster messages listed in the summary buffer
according to their day/week/month information?

Regards.

Ted Zlatanov

Aug 4, 2009, 10:31:21 AM8/4/09
On Mon, 3 Aug 2009 23:56:55 -0700 (PDT) Volkan YAZICI <volkan...@gmail.com> wrote:
VY> How can I group/cluster messages listed in the summary buffer
VY> according to their day/week/month information?

Do you mean sort by date? Or are you trying to make Gnus thread by the date?

Ted

Volkan YAZICI

Aug 5, 2009, 3:52:29 AM8/5/09
On Aug 4, 5:31 pm, Ted Zlatanov <t...@lifelogs.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 3 Aug 2009 23:56:55 -0700 (PDT) Volkan YAZICI <volkan.yaz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> VY> How can I group/cluster messages listed in the summary buffer
> VY> according to their day/week/month information?
>
> Do you mean sort by date?  Or are you trying to make Gnus thread by the date?

Consider below threaded view.

E [ 20: Jared C. Davis ] [Openmcl-devel] hash table resizing
E [ 49: Gary Byers ]
E [ 30: Doug Currie ] [Openmcl-devel] IDE nits
E [ 72: Gary Byers ]
E [ 18: Gail Zacharias ]
E [ 20: Ron Garret ] [Openmcl-devel] Embedding CPython
in CCL
E [ 35: Ian Eslick ]
E [ 54: Ron Garret ]

I also want to group the posts according to their day of retrieval in
a similar fashion to below output.

---- 2009-08-01 ----
E [ 20: Jared C. Davis ] [Openmcl-devel] hash table resizing
E [ 49: Gary Byers ]
E [ 30: Doug Currie ] [Openmcl-devel] IDE nits
E [ 72: Gary Byers ]
E [ 20: Ron Garret ] [Openmcl-devel] Embedding CPython
in CCL
---- 2009-08-02 ----
E [ 72: Gary Byers ] Re: [Openmcl-devel] IDE nits
E [ 18: Gail Zacharias ]
E [ 35: Ian Eslick ] Re: [Openmcl-devel] Embedding
CPython in CCL
E [ 54: Ron Garret ]

Regards.

Ted Zlatanov

Aug 11, 2009, 3:45:48 PM8/11/09
On Wed, 5 Aug 2009 00:52:29 -0700 (PDT) Volkan YAZICI <volkan...@gmail.com> wrote:

VY> On Aug 4, 5:31�pm, Ted Zlatanov <t...@lifelogs.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, 3 Aug 2009 23:56:55 -0700 (PDT) Volkan YAZICI <volkan.yaz...@gmail.com> wrote:
VY> How can I group/cluster messages listed in the summary buffer
VY> according to their day/week/month information?
>>
>> Do you mean sort by date? �Or are you trying to make Gnus thread by the date?

VY> Consider below threaded view.

VY> E [ 20: Jared C. Davis ] [Openmcl-devel] hash table resizing
VY> E [ 49: Gary Byers ]
VY> E [ 30: Doug Currie ] [Openmcl-devel] IDE nits
VY> E [ 72: Gary Byers ]
VY> E [ 18: Gail Zacharias ]
VY> E [ 20: Ron Garret ] [Openmcl-devel] Embedding CPython
VY> in CCL
VY> E [ 35: Ian Eslick ]
VY> E [ 54: Ron Garret ]

VY> I also want to group the posts according to their day of retrieval in
VY> a similar fashion to below output.

VY> ---- 2009-08-01 ----
VY> E [ 20: Jared C. Davis ] [Openmcl-devel] hash table resizing
VY> E [ 49: Gary Byers ]
VY> E [ 30: Doug Currie ] [Openmcl-devel] IDE nits
VY> E [ 72: Gary Byers ]
VY> E [ 20: Ron Garret ] [Openmcl-devel] Embedding CPython
VY> in CCL
VY> ---- 2009-08-02 ----
VY> E [ 72: Gary Byers ] Re: [Openmcl-devel] IDE nits
VY> E [ 18: Gail Zacharias ]
VY> E [ 35: Ian Eslick ] Re: [Openmcl-devel] Embedding
VY> CPython in CCL
VY> E [ 54: Ron Garret ]

I don't think Gnus has pre-defined functionality to do this. It may be
possible with custom sorting if you display the date in the summary
format line but I think it may screw up threading.

Ted