Killer moves

Kong Sian

Mar 20, 1995, 11:07:19 PM3/20/95

> BTW, yesterday I played around with the part of search.c where the
> history and killr are saved. My preliminary conclusion is if we save
> them only when (best > beta) it saves 30% less redundant moves and the
> program plays better. Of course I removed killr3 and Swag3. I can't
> play with it again for the next 3 weeks so you guys might want to test
> that idea.
>
> Johanes Suhardjo (joh...@farida.cc.nd.edu)

I've played around with this, i.e. not keeping the move as a
killer unless best > beta. On a few positions, the newer approach
tends to show about 5-10% improvement. This looks like a good thing,
so it will go into pl75.

Regards.

--
Chua Kong Sian <kong...@nsrc.nus.sg>
National Supercomputing Research Centre

Chuck McClelland

Mar 24, 1995, 11:02:16 PM3/24/95
PEOPLE FROM SINGAPORE SHOULD BE FLOGGED!!!