Help needed -- can't compile xchess

Heinz Herbeck

Mar 17, 1992, 3:53:57 AM3/17/92
I tried to compile gnuchess and xchess on an i486 running Interactive SVR3.2.
gnuchessr would compile and link properly, although I had to eliminate a few
lines of code containing the macro FIONREAD, which is not defined on my system.
(Used in a ioctl call in function ElapsedTime in file nondsp.c).

When I try to link xchess (it compiles properly after some minor modifications),
the linker reports two unresolved symbols, namely 'remque' and 'insque', which
are referenced in the 'oldX' library. Without linking the 'oldX' library, it's
even worse.

Has anybody compiled gnuchess and xchess successfully for ISC ? If not, does at
least someone know how the problems mentioned above can be solved ? Is there
a more recent version of xchess written for X11R4 ?

Any help will be appreciated.

MfG
HH
--
- Heinz M. HERBECK he...@marvin.tuwien.ac.at Tel. +43 1 58801-4107 -
- Technical University of Vienna, Austria // Institute for Computer Graphics -