0.8.2 Release

1 view

Christopher James Halse Rogers

Jun 26, 2009, 2:45:02 AM6/26/09
to gnome-do
Dear users, developers, and other assorted miscreants!

We at GNOME Do are proud to present the 0.8.2 release. With 1000
elephants!

The 0.8.2 is the latest release in the 0.8 series. Most importantly, it
contains fixes for many bugs reported on Launchpad. Additionally, there
are architectural changes in the way plugins are handled, which will
make many future plugin-related bugs disappear and other plugin-related
bugs easier to resolve. This should be the last time upgrading Do
disables all your plugins!

Docky gains an extensible docklet system - you can now compliment the
existing Garbage and Clock with any combination of Battery, CPU/Memory
monitor, Weather, and Workspace Switching docklets.

Plugins have also had many bugs fixed, the most prominent of which being
that plugins now use the extensive Launchpad translations we have for
them. Now (almost[1]) all of Do should speak your language!

Looking forward, there's some exciting things on the horizon for 0.9 - a
Windows port is on the way, interaction between Do and the package
manager, and some form of DBus interface so 3rd party apps can
dynamically provide and interact with Do's items & universe.

Find the core source at https://edge.launchpad.net/do/0.8/0.8.2 and the
the plugins and new docklets source tarballs at
https://edge.launchpad.net/do-plugins/0.8/0.8.2

Love, the GNOME Do devs.

[1] There is a missing feature in Mono.Addins that we have yet to
work-around that means the names & descriptions in the Preferences
window are not yet using translations.

signature.asc