FriendFeed plugin

1 view

Vagamente (Max)

Aug 30, 2008, 6:46:29 AM8/30/08
to GNOME Do
Is there anyone who's thinking about a friendfeed plugin? If not,
anyone would join me?

Andrew Conkling

Sep 2, 2008, 7:59:33 AM9/2/08
to gnom...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Aug 30, 2008 at 6:46 AM, Vagamente (Max) <vaga...@gmail.com> wrote:
Is there anyone who's thinking about a friendfeed plugin? If not,
anyone would join me?

You probably got all (OK, I can't speak for everyone: "most") of the people reading this to join you in thinking about a FriendFeed plugin. :)

--
Andrew Conkling
http://andrewski.net

Peng Deng

Sep 3, 2008, 12:58:35 PM9/3/08
to GNOME Do
Or maybe a plugin that is capable of multi-posting messages to
twitter, identi.ca, friendfeed etc. would be more exciting?

On Sep 2, 1:59 pm, "Andrew Conkling" <andrew.conkl...@gmail.com>

Jason Jones

Sep 3, 2008, 1:25:13 PM9/3/08
to gnom...@googlegroups.com
I would recommend writing a plugin that leverages one of the existing
"multicasting" services, such as ping.fm, rather than doing that work
in the plugin. That way, someone else owns the interfaces to the
various services.

Ping.fm is the only one I have experience with, but others may have suggestions.
There is a C# wrapper here:
http://groups.google.com/group/pingfm-developers/web/code-libraries
The api docs are here:
http://groups.google.com/group/pingfm-developers/web/api-documentation

Rick Harding

Sep 3, 2008, 1:33:25 PM9/3/08
to gnom...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 1:25 PM, Jason Jones <jasonedw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I would recommend writing a plugin that leverages one of the existing
> "multicasting" services, such as ping.fm, rather than doing that work
> in the plugin. That way, someone else owns the interfaces to the
> various services.
>
> Ping.fm is the only one I have experience with, but others may have suggestions.
> There is a C# wrapper here:
> http://groups.google.com/group/pingfm-developers/web/code-libraries
> The api docs are here:
> http://groups.google.com/group/pingfm-developers/web/api-documentation

Another route could be adding dbus support to something like gwibber
that already has support for multiple services. After all, you'll want
to read the items from those services anyway so you're not going to
remove the client. Then this way the plugin work is small and only a
method to post through gwibber to the services already setup.

Rick

Alex Launi

Sep 3, 2008, 11:48:09 PM9/3/08
to gnom...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 1:33 PM, Rick Harding <deuc...@gmail.com> wrote:
Another route could be adding dbus support to something like gwibber
that already has support for multiple services. After all, you'll want
to read the items from those services anyway so you're not going to
remove the client. Then this way the plugin work is small and only a
method to post through gwibber to the services already setup.

Rick

Personally I really don't like this route as it seems stupid to make the user install gwibber only to use Do. I'm definitely a bigger fan of either utilizing ping.fm, or implementing each service. I had started work on the later but went on vacation and then forgot before I finished.

--
--Alex Launi

Peng Deng

Sep 5, 2008, 10:45:00 PM9/5/08
to GNOME Do
I've started working on a plugin using Ping.FM api, hopefully I could
get it work soon.

Peng Deng

Sep 8, 2008, 8:03:04 AM9/8/08
to GNOME Do
Hi guys, I've finished an initial version of the Ping.Fm plugin which
is at my branch lp:~d6g/do-plugins/PingFM. Or you can download the
binary DLL here <http://p3n9.kilu.de/PingFM.dll>. (There is still some
issue with the Makefile.am so if you wanna compile, you have to use
MonoDevelop, sorry. I think I need some help on the Makefile
stuff. :b)

Currently the plugin supports posting message as microblog, status or
to any specific web service you registered with Ping.FM. The
implementation of blog posting is currently dropped because I wouldn't
feel it is reasonable or practical to write a long post using Do's
current interface.

Welcome to any feedback/suggestion/bur repost.

Enjoy!

P.D.

Peng Deng

Sep 8, 2008, 11:20:45 AM9/8/08