0.8.0 opensuse 11.0

protoplasm

Feb 20, 2009, 4:20:05 PM2/20/09
to GNOME Do
I just upgraded to 0.8.0 and now I have no plugins. There is no longer
a gnome-do-plugins package in the opensuse repository. Ideas?

Mathieu Cadet

Feb 23, 2009, 6:08:24 AM2/23/09
to gnom...@googlegroups.com
Same here. I don't know why do-plugins were not upgraded in the build service.

You can install the plugins using the ubuntu deb file though:
1. Just go grab the latest version of gnome-do-plugins.deb here:
http://ppa.launchpad.net/do-core/ppa/ubuntu/pool/main/g/gnome-do-plugins/
2. Then open the .deb file with file-roller, browse though data.tar.gz
and then to ./usr/share/gnome-do/plugins inside the package. There
you'll find all the plugins (.dll and .mpack files).
3. Copy the plugins you want to your
~/.local/share/gnome-do/plugins-0.8.0 directory.
4. Restart gnome-do. If you added a lot of plugins, it will take some
time before do's up and ready for the first time.
5. Enjoy!

Regards,
Mathieu

protoplasm

Feb 24, 2009, 11:11:46 AM2/24/09
to GNOME Do
Mathieu,

Thanks, that worked. Two things I noticed, the Twitter plugin is
missing; and when I want to enter into text mode gnome-do hangs my
system for a minute or so and then lets me start typing in the gnome-
do text pane. Any ideas would be helpful.

On Feb 23, 3:08 am, Mathieu Cadet <mathieu.ca...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Same here. I don't know why do-plugins were not upgraded in the build service.
>
> You can install the plugins using the ubuntu deb file though:
> 1. Just go grab the latest version of gnome-do-plugins.deb here:http://ppa.launchpad.net/do-core/ppa/ubuntu/pool/main/g/gnome-do-plug...

protoplasm

Feb 24, 2009, 12:31:06 PM2/24/09
to GNOME Do
I've resolved the issue, sort of. First, I removed the gnome-do
package and any files it created in my home directory. Second, I re-
installed from the Mono:Community repository. Third, after extracting
the deb package, I copied the "doc/gnome-do-plugins" directory to /usr/
share/doc/ and "gnome-do" directory to "/usr/share/". When I restarted
gnome-do the plugins appeared and I was able to activate the ones I
prefer. Everything seems to run smoothly. I then returned to the
preferences and enabled GNOME Dictionary. This resulted in the
temporary hanging for a time. My console displayed the following:

GNOME.DefineAction "Define" encountered an error in SupportsItem: Out
of memory.
GNOME.DefineAction "Define" encountered an error in SupportsItem: Out
of memory.

Disabling the dictionary allowed the performance to return to normal.
I then enabled Wordnet. When trying to get a definition, however, I
get this:

Error showing url: The location or file could not be found.

Shortly thereafter I try again and the result is a momentary hand with
the following:

Simulacra.WordnetAction "Wordnet" encountered an error in
SupportsItem: Out of memory.
Simulacra.WordnetAction "Wordnet" encountered an error in
SupportsItem: Out of memory.

Disabling this dictionary service and all is well again. I guess I
won't be using the dictionary plugins with gnome-do for now.

--Shawn