Mouse Gestures temporarily broken

Erik Arvidsson

Feb 16, 2009, 9:43:58 PM2/16/09
to Mouse gestures
Mouse gestures are currently broken in the current version of Gmail. I
have fixed the issue and they should be back working within a few
days.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Erik

LinuZZ

Feb 16, 2009, 11:31:19 PM2/16/09
to Mouse gestures
Thanks a lot! i hope it wil work again soon, i mis them a lot

hasit

Feb 17, 2009, 12:30:33 AM2/17/09
to Mouse gestures
Thanks for the info, I too miss them a lot. Can you notify once they
start working so we don't have to check it on a daily basis?

Thanks, Hasit

Broncho

Feb 17, 2009, 6:51:49 AM2/17/09
to Mouse gestures
Thanks alot for info! Cuz I couldn't understand what happened! Please
inform when it will be available!
Did the Gmail version change recently? Didn't know that

jonasdoliveira

Feb 17, 2009, 7:15:11 AM2/17/09
to Mouse gestures
Great!!! I used with this feature and now stay without it let me
crazy!!! lol!

Thanks!!!!!!

StephaneFr

Feb 17, 2009, 7:19:28 AM2/17/09
to Mouse gestures

On Feb 17, 3:43 am, Erik Arvidsson wrote:
> Mouse gestures are currently broken in the current version of Gmail

Good news !
No, I mean, ok, it's not my fault :-)
Thanks for hacking this very nice feature, and thanks for bringing it
back to work asap.

Regards,
Stéphane

Thyag

Feb 17, 2009, 8:30:33 AM2/17/09
to Mouse gestures
Hey Thanks a lots Erik, I was psyched out without mouse gesture option
on gmail off late. Hope to c it working soon !!

-Thyag

KnF

Feb 17, 2009, 9:12:08 AM2/17/09
to Mouse gestures
Great! we want them back!! :D

Dark Dragon

Feb 17, 2009, 10:17:51 AM2/17/09
to Mouse gestures
Thanks for the update. I've missed this feature.

Doctorlay

Feb 17, 2009, 11:08:20 AM2/17/09
to Mouse gestures
I want this feature back..

m1sterb0b

Feb 17, 2009, 11:19:58 AM2/17/09
to Mouse gestures
w00t!

Mr. Wizzard

Feb 17, 2009, 1:13:40 PM2/17/09
to Mouse gestures
Thanks for the update! Its a handy feature.

Darooo

Feb 17, 2009, 3:30:48 PM2/17/09
to Mouse gestures
I got crazy without mouse gestures. It`s the best feature in gmail. I
hope it`ll be back soon

Dested

Feb 17, 2009, 4:14:56 PM2/17/09
to Mouse gestures
Greatest lab addon yet! Its been hell without it!

I would kill for it on android too....

OGangrel

Feb 17, 2009, 6:32:28 PM2/17/09
to Mouse gestures
I'm missing this feature, and I hope gmail updade soon.
This is a great feature!!!

queesy

Feb 17, 2009, 10:22:17 PM2/17/09
to Mouse gestures
im glad this was addressed I was about to say something too, thanks
for the app i love it.

also i was wondering if you could consider the DOWN motion as a delete
function.

best,
kevin

Jaydip Mehta (JD)

Feb 18, 2009, 5:50:43 AM2/18/09
to Mouse gestures, jaydip...@gmail.com
great suggesion Kevin .. would love to have that as well when This
feature resumes ..
> > Erik- Hide quoted text -

shadu

Feb 18, 2009, 6:30:37 AM2/18/09
to Mouse gestures
Yeah, I've noticed ... it's a pain in the neck, wen it stopped working
I went nuts.
It's a great interface, it really is just the best feature in labs.
Thanks a lot for the update ... but get it working again please,
please, plz, plz ... :D

c3k

Feb 18, 2009, 7:07:03 AM2/18/09
to Mouse gestures
like others users...i need it!
hope you have the time to restore this function...

Rohit Rai

Feb 18, 2009, 9:31:20 AM2/18/09
to Mouse gestures
Nice to know it is fixed... I find it impossible to use GMail without
gestures feature now that I am addicted to it....

And of course, Congratulations on the brilliant implementation of this
feature...

Hope to see it running back soon. I am getting bored of seeing the
context menu every time I do a gesture :(
Missing it . . .

Regards,
Rohit
http://mytechrantings.blogspot.com/

vknot

Feb 18, 2009, 11:03:12 AM2/18/09
to Mouse gestures
awesome! thanks! Hope it works SOON SOON! Its the BEST labs feature
yet!

Jelmer12345

Feb 18, 2009, 5:55:46 PM2/18/09
to Mouse gestures
Thanks,
It's a great feature which I used a lot.

Pvberg

Feb 18, 2009, 10:41:48 PM2/18/09
to Mouse gestures
Erik:

Thank you, it is amazing how quickly you learn to use something that
you have never used (didn't even know you needed it) and then find you
almost can't live without it.

Pieter

On Feb 16, 6:43 pm, Erik Arvidsson wrote:
Message has been deleted

4thephil

Feb 19, 2009, 8:21:21 AM2/19/09
to Mouse gestures
Thanks Erik,

And please DO NOT make down = delete. This would ruin the mouse
gestures lab add on. How many times would I accidentally do that and
delete a really important message? And second of all, this is gmail,
don't delete things! You will NEVER fill 7 GB if its just for personal
use.

On Feb 19, 6:28 am, "[email address]" wrote:
> Thanks. Can't wait to use it again. Every interface should have this
> feature.

DarthBobby

Feb 19, 2009, 1:25:44 PM2/19/09
to Mouse gestures
This is the best Labs feature. =) Thanks for letting us know it's
fixed and about to be active again!

-Bobby

Rschmittendorf

Feb 19, 2009, 1:57:12 PM2/19/09
to Mouse gestures
Get them fiexed ASAP. I need them back.
Thanks.

killerteacup

Feb 20, 2009, 11:42:06 AM2/20/09
to Mouse gestures
Is anyone else still having problems with this feature? Mine still
isn't working.

zeke

Feb 20, 2009, 12:03:25 PM2/20/09
to Mouse gestures
i have te same problem

dtencer

Feb 20, 2009, 2:26:12 PM2/20/09
to Mouse gestures
Thank you Erik,
Can you give us an estimate on when they will be fixed?
Will we need to update something to see the fix?

Emanuel

Feb 20, 2009, 10:52:39 PM2/20/09
to Mouse gestures
I miss the gestures!! I became totally automatic with them!
Hope they get back soon!

Regards,
Emanuel

Dodo

Feb 21, 2009, 4:21:08 AM2/21/09
to Mouse gestures
I thought it was a malfunction only I was experiencing. It's true:
Misery loves company! I'm glad you're working on the problem.
Thanks. ~Dodo

stucampbell

Feb 21, 2009, 9:47:19 AM2/21/09
to Mouse gestures
Just want to add my voice. Gmail mouse gestures are superb! Can't wait
for the feature to return.

Connor

Feb 22, 2009, 11:01:40 PM2/22/09
to Mouse gestures
Cant wait to see them back

Darushimo

Feb 23, 2009, 7:03:09 AM2/23/09
to Mouse gestures
man, i wouldn't be surprised if this feature were delayed because of
potential incompatibility with other gmail labs features, but i gotta
say: if user feedback can be worth anything, this option should be
getting attention WAYYYYYY beyond gmail labs. i think the simplest way
to describe it is: think of the ubiquity of the iphone touch screen
carousel movement. on the touch screen, you can select a song to play
easily. i see your addition much much like that. It's a quality that
apple is trying to fend palm and others from with scary threats, and,
whether or not those threats or legal claims will work in their favor,
it seems reasonable to at least TRY to defend them.

not only does google have a daily growing user base familiar with a
gesture-like ability to scroll through selections, but it's not for no
reason that that user base is growing. the reason: it's intuitive.
it's horribly intuitive that you could go to the next page of a search
result with a mouse gesture. (songs for the iphone, search results,
pictures, emails, whatever for google)

Eric, it looks like you designed this feature. if there's anything i
could say or anything i could do to help push the mouse gesture
feature out of the labs and onto the main search page of Google, let
me know. not only do i think i'd benefit from it greatly, but i think
it could set a new standard in browsing across all sites (times
articles with multiple pages, youtube search results, even dashboard-
style web apps).

and either way, thanks for building such a kick-ass gmail addition.

Drew

Locster

Feb 23, 2009, 9:55:47 AM2/23/09
to Mouse gestures
Erik,
Fyi gestures still does not work. I was wondering when it will
be back?
Thanks

Finsternis

Feb 23, 2009, 10:48:13 AM2/23/09
to Mouse gestures
I see some people say that it has been fixed, but it is still broken
for me.

KeepYourDayJob

Feb 23, 2009, 10:55:19 AM2/23/09
to Mouse gestures
Mouse gestures still AWOL. When will this be fixed???

Wouter Rosario

Feb 24, 2009, 8:35:52 AM2/24/09
to Mouse gestures
Gestures work again (for me anyway)! Thanks Erik!!

Tom P

Feb 24, 2009, 10:33:30 AM2/24/09
to Mouse gestures
Mine still doesn't work. I love(d) this feature. Any hints?
Different browser, anything?

HBE

Feb 24, 2009, 5:02:15 PM2/24/09
to Mouse gestures
same here.. not working for none accounts

Wouter Rosario

Feb 25, 2009, 4:04:49 AM2/25/09
to Mouse gestures
It worked again yesterday, but no it doesn't work anymore...

rafaelleano

Feb 26, 2009, 2:51:39 AM2/26/09
to Mouse gestures
Mine's not working as well. I use four different computers and does
not work in any of them (with different browsers: firefox 3, chrome,
explorer and prism)

:( this is a killer feature I just need it please!

Darooo

Feb 26, 2009, 10:12:59 AM2/26/09
to Mouse gestures
Mouse gestures are still broken :/ I want them back!!!

Wouter Rosario

Feb 26, 2009, 10:20:31 AM2/26/09
to Mouse gestures
Please don't make us beg ;-)
Gestures is by far the best lab Gmail has. I need it!! (shaking with
withdrawal)

toml245

Feb 26, 2009, 1:42:27 PM2/26/09
to Mouse gestures
I would also like to see this great labs feature come back.

JAnderton

Feb 27, 2009, 11:09:40 AM2/27/09
to Mouse gestures
agreed!
I love gestures.. give them back! :(

Desjardins.Matthew@Gmail

Feb 27, 2009, 5:13:35 PM2/27/09
to Mouse gestures
My absolute favorite feature here, but it's been 11 days since the
original acknowledgment of the problem (though Erik said that it would
only be a few days). Some people have said that their's has been
fixed, which confuses me...

SamGab

Feb 27, 2009, 5:28:01 PM2/27/09
to Mouse gestures
Hi, Still broken for me too. Really missing this feature!

dhopp05

Feb 28, 2009, 10:37:20 AM2/28/09
to Mouse gestures
This still seems to be broken :(

robxb

Feb 28, 2009, 3:53:15 PM2/28/09
to Mouse gestures
It's still not working..is it like this for everyone?

tibo.aro

Feb 28, 2009, 4:10:17 PM2/28/09
to Mouse gestures
I can't wait Mouse Gestures to come back, that's so much useful and
practical.
I miss them so much !
Mouse Gestures are really great. When they work.

Dodo

Feb 28, 2009, 11:29:34 PM2/28/09
to Mouse gestures
It has continued to be non-working for me, robxb.

sam.hockey

Mar 1, 2009, 8:38:34 AM3/1/09
to Mouse gestures
Erik,

Mouse gestures are still not working for me!!

My browser is Google Chrome v. 1.0.154.48

Sam

smilingstoic

Mar 1, 2009, 4:37:11 PM3/1/09
to Mouse gestures
Not working for me either. Is there something you have to do to get
them back?

Melo

Mar 1, 2009, 5:52:30 PM3/1/09
to Mouse gestures
Not sure why it's still broken (as of 3/1/09)... and people have had
it work after Erik said the fix is up? I don't get it. :(
At least I'm not alone in not having my gestures still.

I'm using FF 3.0.6 with Gestures enabled.

Dodo

Mar 1, 2009, 11:26:28 PM3/1/09
to Mouse gestures
Erik, it's time for you give us a status report. What's happening?

Josh_Melnick

Mar 2, 2009, 7:40:47 AM3/2/09
to Mouse gestures
Erik Arvidsson I will have your baby whatever you want please god,
please fix mouse gestures!

Please SIR I will submit you to get the medal of honor please fix it.

c3k

Mar 3, 2009, 5:41:28 AM3/3/09
to Mouse gestures
finally is back for me!!!! hope for the other user too
thank you very very very much!

raym0nd

Mar 3, 2009, 8:57:22 AM3/3/09
to Mouse gestures
Thanks, finally this wonder feature is back :) Good job!

Jeff87

Mar 3, 2009, 11:39:42 AM3/3/09
to Mouse gestures
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This made my day!

Melo

Mar 3, 2009, 11:43:15 AM3/3/09
to Mouse gestures
YES!! What a great start to the day with Gestures being back up and
running.

Muchas gracias Erik!

Dested

Mar 3, 2009, 12:29:42 PM3/3/09
to Mouse gestures
wwwwwwwwwwwooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Fixed!

VineetK

Mar 3, 2009, 12:39:24 PM3/3/09
to Mouse gestures
Mouse gestures are back in action!
Thanks for getting them back on track. Much Appreciated!

Wouter Rosario

Mar 3, 2009, 1:36:08 PM3/3/09
to Mouse gestures
It's working for me again!