Don't waste your time on GLUEscript

Franky Braem

Apr 20, 2010, 2:12:25 PM4/20/10
to GLUEscript
"Don't waste your time on GLUEscript" is the title of an article on
the blog from Eugene Reimer. You can read my answer on this article on
the GLUEscript website: http://gluescript.sf.net

Franky

Alexei Vinidiktov

Apr 20, 2010, 10:25:46 PM4/20/10
to glues...@googlegroups.com
Hello Franky,

Don't let such comments discourage you. If you enjoy working on
something and think it may provide value to others, just ignore the
critics.

Or better yet:

Don't pay any attention to the critics–don't even ignore them. ~Samuel Goldwyn

Keep up the good work!

--
Alexei Vinidiktov

mariuz

Apr 22, 2010, 4:54:09 AM4/22/10
to GLUEscript

On Apr 21, 5:25 am, Alexei Vinidiktov <alexei.vinidik...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hello Franky,
>
> Don't let such comments discourage you. If you enjoy working on
> something and think it may provide value to others, just ignore the
> critics.

I think we should work to make the gluescript easy to build
there are some issues but they can be solved

I have downloaded glue_0.1.01 tar.gz and i have this error when i
decompress it
gzip: stdin: invalid compressed data--crc error
glue_0.1.01/src/zlib/zutil.c
glue_0.1.01/src/zlib/zutil.h
tar: Child returned status 1
tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors

Next i have installed
premake4

just copied the binary to /usr/bin
it works on my 32 bit ubuntu lucid machine
file /usr/bin/premake4
/usr/bin/premake4: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1
(SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.8,
stripped
so this was easy

next
i have installed poco from repository
sudo apt-get install libpoco-dev

then cd
glue_0.1.01/src

premake4
Poco Include Directory: /usr/include
/home/mariuz/Downloads/glue_0.1.01/src/linux.lua:14: attempt to
concatenate global 'poco_lib_dir' (a nil value)

so here i'm stumbled

ps: i think we should eliminate these annoying build errors and maybe
people will not rant so much about them
instead of solving them

> Or better yet:
>
> Don't pay any attention to the critics–don't even ignore them. ~Samuel Goldwyn
>
> Keep up the good work!

mariuz

Apr 22, 2010, 5:00:35 AM4/22/10
to GLUEscript
ok i solved that sudo apt-get install libpocofoundation9-dbg

but now

premake4
Poco Include Directory: /usr/include
Poco Library Directory: /usr/lib
Using the NSPR library which is part of GLUEscript
Using the SpiderMonkey library which is part of GLUEscript
Using the zlib library which is part of GLUEscript
Using the png library which is part of GLUEscript
Using the jpg library which is part of GLUEscript
/home/mariuz/Downloads/glue_0.1.01/src/premake4.lua:83: attempt to
concatenate global '_ACTION' (a nil value)

maybe we should give a message if _ACTION is empty
print("please use premake Debug|Release")

mariuz

Apr 22, 2010, 5:53:42 AM4/22/10
to GLUEscript
maybe

print("please use premake4 gmake on linux or if you are on windows
premake4 vs2008 http://industriousone.com/action")

now have another error in make

../../src/nspr/src/pthreads/ptio.c: Assembler messages:
../../src/nspr/src/pthreads/ptio.c:4743: Error: suffix or operands
invalid for `stos'

Franky Braem

Apr 22, 2010, 12:09:18 PM4/22/10
to glues...@googlegroups.com
mariuz schreef:
> ps: i think we should eliminate these annoying build errors and maybe
> people will not rant so much about them
> instead of solving them

Any help is great. I'll try to focus on Linux for the coming days.

Franky

Franky Braem

Apr 22, 2010, 12:09:42 PM4/22/10
to glues...@googlegroups.com
mariuz schreef:
> ok i solved that sudo apt-get install libpocofoundation9-dbg
>
> but now
>
> premake4
> Poco Include Directory: /usr/include
> Poco Library Directory: /usr/lib
> Using the NSPR library which is part of GLUEscript
> Using the SpiderMonkey library which is part of GLUEscript
> Using the zlib library which is part of GLUEscript
> Using the png library which is part of GLUEscript
> Using the jpg library which is part of GLUEscript
> /home/mariuz/Downloads/glue_0.1.01/src/premake4.lua:83: attempt to
> concatenate global '_ACTION' (a nil value)
>
> maybe we should give a message if _ACTION is empty
> print("please use premake Debug|Release")

That's a good idea. I'll add this check

Franky

Franky Braem

Apr 22, 2010, 12:11:44 PM4/22/10
to glues...@googlegroups.com

> now have another error in make
>
> ../../src/nspr/src/pthreads/ptio.c: Assembler messages:
> ../../src/nspr/src/pthreads/ptio.c:4743: Error: suffix or operands
> invalid for `stos'

Can you try to install NSPR and use that instead of the one included in
the archive? I'm working on integrating NSPR and SpiderMonkey in Poco
SpiderMonkey framework and I hope that this will solve this problem.

Franky