Glossword 1.9.0 release

Dmity-Sh

Mar 2, 2010, 7:18:18 AM3/2/10
to Glossword Users
Dear Glossword Users,

Yesterday, Glossword version 1.9.0 has been released.
http://code.google.com/p/glossword/downloads/list

Version 1.9 - a new branch of Glossword development. Now it is a
component for CMS Joomla!, which you can install by the usual way - in
a one click. This a very first and basic version, but it already
features management of terms, import / export to XML / CSV / TSV file
format, management of information blocks (new element), important
maintenance tasks.

Good or bad, it has been finally released. It couldn't happen without
financial help from Jose Macros Collado, who uses Glossword 1.8 for
years.

I hope that Joomla`s community will be excited by a new software to
create and publish online dictionaries and glossaries.

How to install 1.9
http://code.google.com/p/glossword/wiki/19HowToInstall

Compare versions
http://code.google.com/p/glossword/wiki/KB2685408684eng

elmoch

Mar 3, 2010, 1:39:39 PM3/3/10
to Glossword Users
Hi Dmitry,

You are right that this is quite a basic version but well integrated
with Joomla!
I imported the 555 terms I had saved in XML format in GW 1.8.11.

I see that you haven't submitted your extension to the Joomla!
Extensions Directory yet.
I think that you should add it in the Glossary category:
http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/vertical-markets/education-a-culture/glossary
That's the best way to reach the Joomla! community.

Thanks for this long-awaited incarnation of Glossword!

On 2 mar, 13:18, Dmity-Sh <dmitry.shilni...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Glossword Users,
>

> Yesterday, Glossword version 1.9.0 has been released.http://code.google.com/p/glossword/downloads/list

Dmity-Sh

Mar 10, 2010, 3:03:51 PM3/10/10
to Glossword Users
> I see that you haven't submitted your extension to the Joomla!
> Extensions Directory yet.

Posted on 2nd March, but "There are a total of 296 extensions to go
through before we review your extension for approval."

I checked the queue again, 160 extensions left.

elmoch

Mar 11, 2010, 4:09:04 AM3/11/10
to Glossword Users
OK, I forgot about the queue processing time. :-)

Marcelek-chan

Mar 13, 2010, 5:02:23 PM3/13/10
to Glossword Users
Hi Dmitri! Здравствуй Дмитри! Also greetings to other users!

I am a joomla user and I have just discovered (and installed) your
joomla component glossword 1.9.0 in my joomla-powered website. I want
to create a Catalan-Russian online dictionary. I wanted to make it
using PHP/MySQL but I suppose that glossword is easier.

HOWEVER...

after having installed glossword I would need a tutorial on glossword
1.9.0, but I have not found it.
At the moment I am trying things, but I had never used glossword and
this way this is even more complicated than PHP/MySQL script writing.

If you can inform me about it that would be great.

Thanks!

Dmity-Sh

Mar 17, 2010, 3:03:31 PM3/17/10
to Glossword Users
1) Create a dictionary in Excel using two columns (Column A - Catalan,
Column B - Russian),
2) select all records and copy (CTRL+A, CTRL+C),
3) import into Glossword as CSV format - follow Exchange -> Import ->
Terms -> CSV, paste (CTRL+V).
:-)