Re: {LONGTERMINVESTORS} Suzlon: thread

RAJESH DESAI

Feb 23, 2012, 3:43:37 AM2/23/12
to longterminve...@googlegroups.com, DAILY REPORTS, STOCK BUFFS, stock...@googlegroups.com, equity-rese...@googlegroups.com, globalspeculators
PFA

On Sun, Feb 12, 2012 at 11:12 AM, Siddanth Gupta <siddan...@gmail.com> wrote:
Suzlon Q3 loss widens to INR 286.5 crore
- 12 Feb 2012

The world's fifth largest wind turbine maker, Suzlon Group widened
losses in the December quarter at INR 286.5 crore due to higher tax
outgo and forex losses, primarily by its overseas subsidiary REpower.
The loss stood at INR 253.6 crore in the year ago period.

The company also slashed its Q4 revenue guidance by over 10% to INR
21,000-22,000 crore from its earlier target, due to the poor volumes
from India and China in Q3.

Mr Robin Banerjee CFO of Suzlon Energy told PTI that "Our net loss for
the third quarter increased 13% to INR 286.46 crore on a higher
international deferred tax provisioning of INR 134 crore and forex
loss of INR 125 crore, (INR 45 crore due to the rupee fall and INR 80
crore on sale of goods by the subsidiary REpower). That apart, there
was also a depreciation of INR 170 crore during the quarter.”

Mr Banerjee pointed out that the company had had one of the best
quarters when it came to sales as its order book rose to INR 37,200
crore while order intake rose to INR 27,000 crore during the reporting
period.

Despite slashing Q4 guidance, Mr Banerjee sounded bullish, saying
"what is important is that customers continue to repose faith in our
products. Also, we could grow our margins by 33% in Q3, which is one
of the highest in the industry. That apart we also could maintain a
cash profit of INR 26 crore during the quarter despite massive fall in
the rupee against both the US dollar as well as against the euro."

The company also revised downwards its EBIT margin to 6% due to lower
Q3 volumes, for the fourth quarter.

During the quarter, consolidated revenue rose to INR 4,985 crore, a
growth of 12% over year on year, while margins grew more robustly at
33%, while EBIT margin stood at 7%

(Sourced from PTI)

--
CA. Rajesh Desai

SUZLON UBS FEB 12.pdf

RAJESH DESAI

Apr 4, 2012, 12:36:32 AM4/4/12
to longterminve...@googlegroups.com, equity-rese...@googlegroups.com, globalspeculators, STOCK BUFFS, stock...@googlegroups.com, DAILY REPORTS

Suzlon sells wind assets for $ 40 mn; stock trades flat

9.28 am | 04 Apr 2012 |  Source: Moneycontrol.com

Suzlon Energy has sold wind assets for about USD 40 million, reports CNBC-TV18....

--
CA. Rajesh Desai

RAJESH DESAI

Apr 13, 2012, 2:46:22 AM4/13/12
to longterminve...@googlegroups.com, STOCK BUFFS, stock...@googlegroups.com, equity-rese...@googlegroups.com, globalspeculators, DAILY REPORTS
Suzlon Energy which urgently needs to repay $569 million to bondholders by October, has begun talks with key banks for raising money amidst signs of wariness among some lenders

--
CA. Rajesh Desai

RAJESH DESAI

Oct 11, 2012, 12:12:05 AM10/11/12
to longterminve...@googlegroups.com, equity-rese...@googlegroups.com, globalspeculators, STOCK BUFFS, stock...@googlegroups.com, DAILY REPORTS, library-of-eq...@googlegroups.com
Suzlon bondholders deny 4-month extension on USD 220.8 million October foreign currency convertible bonds (FCCBs)

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 4:44 PM, Karishma Suvarna <karishma...@gmail.com> wrote:

Suzlon Energy Ltd., the wind turbine-maker that will seek a four-month delay on bond repayments today, is behind on funding a

Dutch supplier as a cash crunch hampers its ability to carry out orders.

--

Karishma Suvarna

--
CA. Rajesh Desai