Re: {LONGTERMINVESTORS} Tata Steel .....Thread

Rajesh Desai

May 23, 2013, 12:56:41 AM5/23/13
to longterminve...@googlegroups.com, DAILY REPORTS, library-of-eq...@googlegroups.com
Tata Steel earnings (1830 hrs)

On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 12:32 PM, Mihir Desai <desaim...@gmail.com> wrote:

Reuters Market Eye - Tata Steel Ltd(TISC.NS) may miss January-March profit consensus forecasts when it reports results on Thursday, according to Thomson Reuters StarMine data.

StarMine's SmartEstimates, which places greater emphasis on forecasts by top-rated analysts, expects Tata Steel to report a profit of 3.34 billion rupees for the quarter compared with a wider consensus mean estimate of 3.64 billion rupees.

--
CA Mihir Desai

CA. Rajesh Desai

Rajesh Desai

Jun 20, 2013, 1:54:50 AM6/20/13
to longterminve...@googlegroups.com, DAILY REPORTS, library-of-eq...@googlegroups.com
Tata Steel Ltd has signed a 5-year contract with Safran Group to supply them aerospace steels. The initial value of the contract is in excess of £9 million per year, with prospects for this to grow during the life of the agreement.

On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 4:33 PM, Mihir Desai <desaim...@gmail.com> wrote:
AMBIT - Tata Steel (BUY): The road to recovery
Tata Steel is in the midst of a greenfield expansion project which is set to increase the capacity of its cash-generative Indian business from ~7mt to FY12 to ~13mt by FY15. This transition could be disruptive, but it is a key plank of the management’s strategy to further minimise its exposure to the European business. Our recent strategy note (Click here for detailed note) depicts the various stages of Tata Steel’s road from fame to fall. The last stage, i.e. either capitulation or recovery, would depend on Tata Steel’s ability to manage this transition. We remain optimistic about the company’s strategy and we reiterate our BUY stance.  (Jatin Kotian, +91 22 3043 3261)