Emkay - Trading Today

Rajesh Desai

Feb 7, 2013, 11:08:44 PM2/7/13

Trading Today

(February 08, 2013)

From Our Technical Desk

From The Dealing Desk

Market Outlook:

Nifty started the day on a weak note. But immediately after making a low of 5936 in the initial trading hour itself, there came a sharp bounce leading the index back to the day’s high of 5978. However, once again the index failed to sustain at higher levels resulting in a decline that continued till closing bell. It made a low of 5927 before concluding at 5938.80 down 20.40 points. The advance/decline ratio was almost 1:2.

Nifty:

Though, today Nifty gave a close below the support of 50 DMA and the medium term trendline, both intersecting at 5952, it’s quite early to conclude that the bears have taken over. The rational behind that is the possibility of a whipsaw - a false break. The daily stochastic is well below the oversold boundary and all set to start yet another bullish cycle. In this event, today’s breakdown has high chances of resulting into a false break. Hence, we will still wait for a decisive break before throwing in the towel. The short term trend continues to remain bullish as the series of higher highs and higher lows remain intact. We maintain our upside targets of 6111 (high of January 29) and 6150 (prior high). On the downside, below 5952, 5919 (bullish gap of January 1) is the next key support.

Support: Major support level 5919.

Investment Ideas

  • Tech Mahindra @ Rs. 990 (Target Price: Rs. 1100)

Trading Ideas

  • Positive bias - Sun Pharma (Target 770), JM Financial (Target 26), Tv18 (Target 38), Unitech (Target 45), Zee Ltd (Target 260) & Anantraj (Target 90). Traders maintain stop loss accordingly.

Statistical Data

  • Derivatives Update
  • Advance Decline Ratio
  • Sector updates
  • Exchange Volumes
  • Implied Volatility for ATM Options
  • Put Call Ratio for (Open Interest)
  • FII - MF Activity
  • World Markets
  • Currency

Click here to read report: Trading Today

Thanks & Regards,

Emkay Equity Advisory | Emkay Global Financial Services Ltd. | www.emkayglobal.com

7th Floor, The Ruby, Senapati Bapat Marg, Dadar (W), Mumbai– 400 028| Board No.: +91-22-66121212 | Fax : +91 22-6612 1299

--
CA. Rajesh Desai
image001.gif