Shipping Monitor - Container spot rates ease further

1 view

RAJESH DESAI

May 22, 2012, 1:33:25 AM5/22/12
to LONGTERMINVESTORS, DAILY REPORTS, library-of-eq...@googlegroups.com, ai...@googlegroups.com, equity-rese...@googlegroups.com, globalspeculators, STOCK BUFFS, stock...@googlegroups.com, stockre...@googlegroups.com

CIMB
Regional
Sector Flash Note
Shipping Monitor  [ PDF ]
Container spot rates ease further
UNDERWEIGHT - Maintained
- by Raymond YAP, CFA

Last week, the SCFI spot rates fell by up to 4% wow on the US and European trades, suggesting that the weak demand environment is unable to absorb the capacity reactivated for the summer. We forecast another 1½ months of decline until the US peak season in July. Container rates will continue weakening until carriers begin to idle ships from October. We are Neutral on the container shipping sector, with OOIL as our top pick, given the recent sharp share price correction. We remain Underweight on the dry bulk and tanker shipping sectors.

*Please do not reply to this message, as it was sent from an unattended mailbox.   To unsubscribe or manage subscriptions, please contact your respective CIMB Salesperson(s) or contact a client services personel at 1800 538-9889 (Local) or +65 6538 9889 (Overseas), else email them at clientse...@cimb.com.  Link to CIMB Analysts Coverage.

Disclaimer: No part of this report may be reproduced or distributed in any manner without the written permission of CIMB and its affiliates. CIMB and its affiliates specifically prohibits the redistribution of this report, electronically or otherwise, and accepts no liability whatsoever for the actions of third parties in this respect. This email may contain privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the named recipient or addressee, you are hereby notified that any use, review, disclosure or copying of the contents herein is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email by mistake, please notify the sender immediately by reply email and discard/destroy all its contents. This email is for informational purposes and should not be construed as a solicitation or offer to buy or sell securities or related financial instruments.

--
CA. Rajesh Desai

ATT00001.jpg