Strategy & Economy: Has ‘rural’ India been overhyped?

Amit shah

Nov 18, 2013, 12:56:46 AM11/18/13
to amitk...@oneindia.in
RURAL THEMATIC:

Strategy & Economy: Has ‘rural’ India been overhyped?
Whilst the cyclical drivers of rural demand at this stage are evident, will the rural story persist beyond 2HFY14? We highlight five fundamental changes that have unfolded in rural India over the past five years and are likely to systematically lend greater fervour to India’s rural demand story. These fundamental changes (in order of importance) include: (1) The boom in road connectivity, (2) The rise in rural teledensity, (3) The dramatic increase in land prices in rural India, (4) The rise and rise of blue-collar wages, and (5) The increase in social spending by states and the Centre. We highlight Idea, Dish TV, Ramco Cements and M&M as compelling plays on this underlying theme.
Strategy & Economy -Ambit.pdf