Masters in Conservation Leadership
Applications and scholarship support for October 2013
The MPhil degree in Conservation Leadership at the University of Cambridge is a full-time, 11-month course aimed at graduates of leadership potential with at least three to five years of relevant experience in biodiversity conservation. Based in the University's Department of Geography, a unique feature of this course is its delivery by members of the Cambridge Conservation Initiative (CCI), a partnership between six university departments and nine conservation organisations or networks based in and around Cambridge. The teaching focuses on issues of management and leadership, with the dual goals of developing conservationists with enhanced research skills and a greater awareness of the complex drivers of biodiversity loss, while also developing their ability to act and lead effectively. Consequently, the course aims to deliver a world-class and interdisciplinary education in Conservation Leadership that is not available elsewhere.
* We now welcome applications for entry to the course in October 2013. For further details on how to apply, please visit the course website: www.geog.cam.ac.uk/graduate/mphil/conservation
* The final closing date for all applications is 28 March 2013.
* Applicants wishing to apply for funding from the Cambridge Trusts should apply by 1 December 2012.
We are pleased to confirm that the Miriam Rothschild Scholarship Programme in Conservation Leadership will continue to provide scholarship support to students from less developed and developing countries that are rich in biodiversity, to attend the MPhil in Conservation Leadership. The number and size of these will vary from full scholarships, to partial scholarships that cover specific aspects of the funding package required by students. Nevertheless, applicants are also encouraged to seek out funding opportunities that might be available locally or nationally.
If you have any queries about making an application, please contact Emily Chenery, Programme Administrator: emily.chen...@geog.cam.ac.uk
- You are currently subscribed to biodiversity-l as: ssout...@mediaimpact.org
- View biodiversity-l Forum: https://lists.iisd.ca/read/?forum=biodiversity-l
- Membership options / Unsubscribe: https://lists.iisd.ca/read/?forum=biodiversity-l
IISD is pleased to announce its newest project: Water Policy & Practice - A knowledgebase of activities addressing sustainable water and sanitation policy and practice: http://water-l.iisd.org/
We also invite you to subscribe: http://water-l.iisd.org/about-the-water-l-mailing-list/#subscribe_wat... to WATER-L and post: http://water-l.iisd.org/about-the-water-l-mailing-list/#postings_water-l your water- and sanitation-related activities on this community listserve.
- Subscribe / More Information: http://water-l.iisd.org/about-the-water-l-mailing-list/
- View WATER-L Forum: https://lists.iisd.ca/read/?forum=WATER-L
Subscribe to all other IISD Reporting Services' free newsletters and lists for environment and sustainable development policy professionals at http://www.iisd.ca/email/subscribe.htm
Masters in Conservation Leadership 2013_A4.pdf