I can read again thanks to Zenni Optical!

mengladys

Mar 14, 2009, 1:02:19 PM3/14/09
to GlassyEyes.com Forums - Visit the site!
I just received my progressive lenses in an awesome Sarah Palin style
frame from Zenni Optical for only $68.00. It took less than a month
and my glasses are awesome! What a great pay off considering my
optometrist called the police on me Feb. 20, 2009 when I asked why he
refused to give me my PD. It was totally embarrassing, considering it
was my first visit to him and my mom was with me. He even lied to the
police about what a PD was when they asked why he wouldn't give it to
me. The eye doctor also told the cops that a PD changes according to
different frames and lens thicknesses and that's why was unable to
give it up. I'm so happy this finally turned out well in the end for
me and I can read again. Teresa from Morristown, TN

Firewalker

Mar 14, 2009, 11:08:34 PM3/14/09
to GlassyEyes.com Forums - Visit the site!
Did the police make a report?
If so, I'd consider filing a civil suit againt him for defaming my
character.
Heck, you could even represent yourself with the wealth of info on the
web. Including how many opticians and optometrists consider giving you
your PD an opportunity for you to "escape" without buying glasses from
them. Read this thread to see the attitude they have on this subject:
http://www.optiboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30150

BTW, the *only* time your PD changes (if you're an adult) in going
from distance vision to near vision, because your eyes look mor inward
when focusing on objects closer to your face.

-=# Firewalker #=-

BTS

Mar 15, 2009, 11:59:23 AM3/15/09
to GlassyEyes.com Forums - Visit the site!
Amazing. I asked for my prescription and they did not put the PD on
it. They obviously know that without it you can't order online. I
noticed the omission while i was still in the parking lot. So i went
back in and he wrote up a new one. On the new one, it was missing the
reading values (ADD numbers). It starts to stink of conspiracy. They
know that once they lose control of your prescription , control of
your wallet goes with it.

mengladys

Mar 15, 2009, 10:28:57 PM3/15/09
to GlassyEyes.com Forums - Visit the site!
Firewalker, We didn't get a copy of the report. The cops just told me
to pay the bill and get out. When I told them he wasn't right about
the PD, they told me that he was a doctor and I was not. Teresa

Danibee2009

Mar 15, 2009, 9:43:55 AM3/15/09
to GlassyEyes.com Forums - Visit the site!
Glad it turned out alright for you... I vote for a civil case... I'd
give you some just for the bogus embarassment and the fact that he
lied. OK if you don't want to go to that trouble how about a nicely
worded letter to the editor of your local newspaper, followed up with
a better business bureau complaint? Do you have one of those roving
investigative reportors locally that would do a piece on it?

On another note which Palins did you get? I ordered some from Zenni a
week ago and can't wait

http://www.zennioptical.com/cart/product.php?productid=837&cat=7&page=1
in gray with the 226 lenses.

I also saw many pictures of here wearing a very expensive version of
these... but I didn't didn't get them.

http://www.zennioptical.com/cart/product.php?productid=1252&cat=24&page=1

Chuck Knight

Mar 16, 2009, 12:10:31 PM3/16/09
to mengladys, GlassyEyes.com Forums - Visit the site!
Well, that seemed a logical decision on their part.  After all, he's a trained professional, and you are his client.  In all probability he knew more about it than you did.  (I said in probability...not in fact)

It's perfectly understandable that they deferred to his judgment, whether or not he was right.

It's just a shame that he behaved so badly.  Incidents like this make me dream of a "pan and praise" web site, where opticians could be rated by their customers.  Wonder what the legal ramifications would be, since the ratings would be based solely on the opinions of their customers...would it be defamation, for example, if you identified him openly?

An interesting thought!

     -- Chuck Knight