[ANN] gitsharp version 0.1.3 released

Meinrad Recheis

Oct 11, 2009, 5:05:32 PM10/11/09
to gits...@googlegroups.com, g...@vger.kernel.org

Hello git community,

GitSharp intends to bring best native git support to Windows. So far the command line interface is still alpha but the library GitSharp.Core is already quite usable.

Status Report:
Porting of the jgit core is done, we are waiting for the jgit people to commit something ;). Just kidding, we still need to port some code from the jgit command line interface and we are working on a hand full of porting bugs in the core. Some important bugs have been squashed since the last release:
In a heroic debugging effort Nulltoken fixed the index-bug that made git# incompatible to the original git. Now we are on track again. Rolenun fixed git.exe which failed when started on windows via the system %PATH%.

On top of that, there is a new user centric api which resides in namespace Git. It simplifies interaction with git objects and commands, hides the technical complexity of the core and should provide a stable interface for your applications (once it is done). The api is still work in progress, so please expect that it will be changed / improved / extended, until everyone is happy with it. You can see it in action in the repository browser demo at http://github.com/henon/GitSharp.Demo

Have fun,
--Henon

James Gregory

Oct 11, 2009, 5:12:34 PM10/11/09
to gits...@googlegroups.com
Congrats guys, and thanks for all the hard work. Here's to the future!

Gerard Webb

Oct 12, 2009, 2:59:38 AM10/12/09
to gits...@googlegroups.com
Yeah Guys - awesome work.

Finally a decent Git code base for c#, where i am happiest as a programmer.

Cant wait to use this for lots of ideas for distributed content and databases