Clone URL's Not Displaying

Jawsome

Feb 13, 2012, 4:46:46 AM2/13/12
to Gitorious
I'm aware of the other discussion from last year. I have attempted to
do all of their fix suggestions. On a local installation, I'm unable
to get the Clone URL's to display, whether it be as admin, not admin,
logged in, not logged in for either HTTP, HTTPS, SSH.

production:
cookie_secret: <Removed>
repository_base_path: "/home/git/data/repositories"
extra_html_head_data:
system_message:
gitorious_client_port: 80
gitorious_client_host: git.iheardyouliek.com
gitorious_host: git.iheardyouliek.com
gitorious_user: git
exception_notification_emails: ad...@iheardyouliek.com
mangle_email_addresses: true
public_mode: true
locale: en
archive_cache_dir: "/home/git/data/tarballs"
archive_work_dir: "/home/git/data/tarball-work"
only_site_admins_can_create_projects: false
hide_http_clone_urls: false
is_gitorious_dot_org: false

All of the permissions, etc all look correct. For the main repo, I can
see in the source tree there's file but, when I try to clone from it
remotely, I don't get anything, it says I've cloned an empty repo.

I don't see any errors in any of the log files, I know there's been
mention about javascript files missing.
I'd be happy to try anything to get these to work as it's the only
feature I'm missing at the moment.

I appreciate any assistance or suggestion!
Thanks in advance.

Official Issue Filed: https://issues.gitorious.org/issues/45
Merge Request: https://gitorious.org/gitorious/mainline/merge_requests/175
GoogleGroups Threads:
http://groups.google.com/group/gitorious/browse_thread/thread/70feed898dba5531/fd2c151d3300903f?lnk=gst&q=display+url#
http://groups.google.com/group/gitorious/browse_thread/thread/d9d317631bb599e2#

Jawsome

Feb 22, 2012, 11:46:29 AM2/22/12
to Gitorious
I was able to resolve this by fully copying the code for all.js, for
those of you without FireBug(http://getfirebug.com/) in firefox, you
can find the source here:
http://gitorious.org/javascripts/all.js
> GoogleGroups Threads:http://groups.google.com/group/gitorious/browse_thread/thread/70feed8...http://groups.google.com/group/gitorious/browse_thread/thread/d9d3176...

Peter Kjellerstedt

Feb 27, 2012, 3:26:25 AM2/27/12
to gito...@googlegroups.com
This is not the correct way to update "all.js". You should do
"bundle exec rake assets:clear" to remove all temporary files.
They will then be regenerated automatically the next time they
are needed.

//Peter

Felipe Sere

Feb 27, 2012, 3:37:13 AM2/27/12
to gito...@googlegroups.com
I had the same issue with all.js and calling "bundle exec rake assets:clear" did not help. I ended up copy-pasting the all.js from gitorious.com

wuerzelchen

Mar 3, 2012, 5:10:33 PM3/3/12
to gito...@googlegroups.com
this is the way it should be. but the truth is... i get an empty all.js. :(
any solution to that?
my solution was also copy'n pasting the code from gitorious.org