[gitolite] failed pushing changes to master

iromli

Apr 29, 2010, 6:48:20 PM4/29/10
to gitolite
hi guys, i got a weird problem since i'm new to gitolite

this is what bash said when i'm trying to push a Python source (FYI:
other .py file was successfully pushed to remote repo)

Counting objects: 4, done.
Compressing objects: 100% (3/3), done.
Writing objects: 100% (3/3), 19.45 KiB, done.
Total 3 (delta 0), reused 0 (delta 0)
error: git-shell died of signal 9

what does these error messages mean? thanks in advance

iromli

Apr 29, 2010, 7:13:33 PM4/29/10
to gitolite
Is this a killed git-shell process??

I figured out that when i tried to add a huge file, it always failed.
So this is an issue with my shared hosting, doesn't it?? Please tell
me if i made incorrect assumption ;)

Sitaram Chamarty

Apr 29, 2010, 8:49:57 PM4/29/10
to iromli, gitolite
Since there is nothing in git ot gitolite that would "kill -9"
anything as far as I know, this must be a feature of your hosting
provider.

(Side note: one user of mine had an enormous amount of trouble running
easy install -- it would work if he did everything manually,
simulating what easy-install would do, but not if you ran easy-install
itself. Guess what it was caused by? Yes -- the series of ssh
commands coming in was being treated as DOS by the service provider;
we finally had to put sleep statements before each ssh, scp, rsync,
etc., to make easy install work).