Ir al primer mensaje no leído

Bach

no leída,
27 oct 2010, 5:58:23 a.m.27/10/10
para gitolite
Hi guys,

I have setup gitolite which was working perfectly for the past weeks
until today.

Nothing has changed since the install, and I am being really careful
not to touch anything on the server, and all repositories and users
are being managed with gitolite-admin on the client and pushed to the
server.

Today I tried to push my gitolite-admin, but it seems SSH is not
reading my public key file complaining that it is not a RSA1 key file.

I ran sshkeys-lint to try and diagnose the problem:

here's what i got:

================

bach.pub maps to gitolite user bach
id_rsa.pub gets you a command line

Git operations using a pubkey that gets you a command line will BYPASS
gitolite completely. This means:
- using "git clone git@server:reponame" will get you the "does not
appear to
be a git repository" message
- using "git clone git@server:repositories/reponame" [assuming
default value
of $REPO_BASE) will work but subsequent push will fail
----
Now you know what pubkey gets you what access.
To see what key is *actually* being used when you run your commands,
try "ssh
-v git@server" or "ssh -v gitolite", and look for a line saying
"Offering
public key". If there are more than one such lines, the last one is
what
counts.

=====================

bach is the name of the key used to ssh

my ~/.ssh/config has:

host gitolite
user git
hostname myserver.com
port 22
identityfile ~/.ssh/bach

running ssh -vvv gitolite outputs this:

===================
debug3: Not a RSA1 key file /Users/myUser/.ssh/bach.
debug2: key_type_from_name: unknown key type '-----BEGIN'
debug3: key_read: missing keytype
debug2: key_type_from_name: unknown key type 'Proc-Type:'
debug3: key_read: missing keytype
debug2: key_type_from_name: unknown key type 'DEK-Info:'
debug3: key_read: missing keytype
debug3: key_read: missing whitespace
debug2: key_type_from_name: unknown key type '-----END'
debug3: key_read: missing keytype
debug1: identity file /Users/myUser/.ssh/bach type 1
debug1: Remote protocol version 2.0, remote software version
Sun_SSH_1.4
debug1: no match: Sun_SSH_1.4
debug1: Local version string SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_5.2
====================

So by key bach is not being accepted, and my id_rsa is being used
instead, the rest of the log shows:

===============
debug1: Offering public key: /Users/myUser/.ssh/id_rsa
===============

Any ideas on what could be the problem!?
I haven't changed anything to the client nor the server, and it was
working perfectly before.

Any ideas what could be causing this and how to fix it?

thanks

Sitaram Chamarty

no leída,
27 oct 2010, 9:52:25 a.m.27/10/10
para Bach,gitolite
On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 3:28 PM, Bach <bac...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Nothing has changed since the install, and I am being really careful
> not to touch anything on the server, and all repositories and users
> are being managed with gitolite-admin on the client and pushed to the
> server.

yeah right! :)

> Today I tried to push my gitolite-admin, but it seems SSH is not
> reading my public key file complaining that it is not a RSA1 key file.

So... does it ask you for a password then? Or does it say "does not
seem to be a repository"?

Complaining that it is not a RSA1 key file is normal, because it isn't.

> bach.pub maps to gitolite user bach
> id_rsa.pub gets you a command line

Assuming "bach" is your admin user ("RW+ = bach" for gitolite-admin),
this sounds correct. It means the authkeys file on the server and
your current pubkeys are consistent.

Responder a todos
Responder al autor
Reenviar