Functional Programming in Industry

Jeroen Janssen

Oct 25, 2010, 5:25:32 PM10/25/10
to ghen...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

I am pleased to announce to you that, on the occasion of BelHac, the first Belgian Haskell Hackathon from 5-7 Nov 2010, the Ghent Functional Programming Group is organizing a symposium on "Functional Programming in Industry", to which you are all cordially invited. These talks will be held on Friday, November 5th at 17:00 in the Jozef Plateauzaal in the Plateau building of Ghent University (Jozef Plateaustraat 22, 9000 Gent). The program is as follows:

- Duncan Coutts* (Well-Typed, http://www.well-typed.com/, BelHac sponsor) who will be talking on how Well-Typed are providing consultancy services for Haskell, a pure functional programming language.
- Romain Slootmaekers (Incubaid, http://www.incubaid.com, BelHac sponsor) who will be talking on the use of functional programming in Incubaid, a company based in the Ghent area.
- Don Stewart (Galois, http://www.galois.com) who will be talking on how Galois is using Haskell in many of their projects, including government contracts.

The talks will be followed by a reception to which all attendees are cordially invited.

* Actual speaker has yet to be confirmed, but the talk will take place.

Kind Regards,
The GhentFPG Organizing Committee.

Jeroen Janssen

Oct 26, 2010, 12:30:58 PM10/26/10
to ghen...@googlegroups.com, haskel...@haskell.org, le...@zeus.ugent.be
Dear all,

For organizatorial reasons, we would like to ask that everyone interested in attending the symposium on functional programming in industry (see below) registers at https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Ak5F96CGaVoJdFVsNWZPWTdyT3NYOWRnT25GUzdJSFE&hl=en#gid=0

Kind Regards,
The GhentFPG Organizing Committee

Begin forwarded message:

Jeroen Janssen