Problems with DescribeDisplay library

dani.v...@gmail.com

Aug 20, 2007, 7:05:55 AM8/20/07
to GGobi users
Hello,
I am having problems with the DiscribeDisplay library. First of all, I
install it running the command: install.packages("DescribeDisplay",
dep=TRUE) and it seems ok seems ok:
When I want to load the library, I get the following error message:

> library(DescribeDisplay)
Error in fun(...) : could not find function "packageStartupMessage"
Error: .onLoad failed in 'loadNamespace' for 'ggplot'
Error: package 'ggplot' could not be loaded

Can anyone help me?
Best regards,

Dani

mj.van...@gmail.com

Sep 5, 2007, 12:32:36 PM9/5/07
to GGobi users
Hi,

I just experienced (and solved) the same problem (presumably). The
loadNameSpace routine/package/whatever was added as of R 2.5.0, my
guess is that you use a version prior to that. The solution is of
course to install 2.5.0 or later.

(To find out your version, in the R console, type 'version' and look
at minor (contains the last two digits of the version))

Regards,

M.J. van den Berg