Problem Loading rggobi library in R

Tom

Nov 6, 2010, 11:03:27 PM11/6/10
to GGobi users
Greetings,

I get the following error when I try to load the rggobi library. It
keeps trying to install GTK+ because it can't find the dll, but all of
the dll it is looking for are present and the path environment
variable is set. Any suggestions on how to fix the problem? Thanks.

Tom

R version 2.12.0 (2010-10-15)
Copyright (C) 2010 The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
ISBN 3-900051-07-0
Platform: i386-pc-mingw32/i386 (32-bit)

Natural language support but running in an English locale

Type 'q()' to quit R.

> local({pkg <- select.list(sort(.packages(all.available = TRUE)),graphics=TRUE)
+ if(nchar(pkg)) library(pkg, character.only=TRUE)})
Error in inDL(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now), ...) :
unable to load shared object 'C:/PROGRA~1/R/R-212~1.0/library/RGtk2/
libs/i386/RGtk2.dll':
LoadLibrary failure: The specified procedure could not be found.

Failed to load RGtk2 dynamic library, attempting to install it.
Learn more about GTK+ at http://www.gtk.org
If the package still does not load, please ensure that GTK+ is
installed and that it is on your PATH environment variable
IN ANY CASE, RESTART R BEFORE TRYING TO LOAD THE PACKAGE AGAIN
Error in inDL(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now), ...) :
unable to load shared object 'C:/PROGRA~1/R/R-212~1.0/library/rggobi/
libs/i386/rggobi.dll':
LoadLibrary failure: The specified procedure could not be found.

Hadley Wickham

Nov 8, 2010, 9:41:41 PM11/8/10
to Tom, GGobi users, Michael Lawrence
Hi Tom,

Unfortunately we don't seem to have a window development environment
at the moment, but we're working on it, and will hopefully have a
revised version soon.

Hadley

> --

http://had.co.nz/

wim

Dec 30, 2010, 7:13:08 AM12/30/10
to GGobi users
Dear all,

I have the same problem like Tom's below. But, it's so strange it
worked at another computer with the same environment.
I've been searching the solution through the web but none worked.
Very appreciate if someone could explain and give a solution.

Thanks in advance,

Wim
> Learn more about GTK+ athttp://www.gtk.org

wim

Dec 30, 2010, 8:24:43 AM12/30/10
to GGobi users
Hi all,

Now works, but I'm not sure exactly what really happened was. From the
error message box when tried to load rggobi, known that a library was
missing, i.e.: libxml2.dll. I downloaded such lib from
ftp://ftp.zlatkovic.com/libxml/ and put it into Windows/System32
directory. Looks worke, the graphs after command 'ggobi(mtcars)' were
shown.

Coker Busayo

Nov 26, 2017, 6:32:05 PM11/26/17
to GGobi users
Hi all I justr fixed the same problem on a Windows 7, 64bit, and R .3.42 . I installed Gobbi.exe from http://www.ggobi.org and
that solved the problem. I looking for a good set of video tutorials for it . Any links ?

Dianne Cook

Nov 28, 2017, 11:39:22 AM11/28/17
to Coker Busayo, GGobi users
Hi Coker,

There are ggobi videos at:

(1) www.ggobi.org/book
(2) Tutorial video (no sound) at https://vimeo.com/118719007
(3) and videos in supplementary material associated with the paper =
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/sam.11271/abstract

cheers,
Di

Coker Busayo

Dec 1, 2017, 2:10:33 PM12/1/17
to Dianne Cook, GGobi users
Hi Dianne many thanks. I was the materials I have a snag with videos though. The are no arranged in a particular order and I would be glad if I could access them via Youtube as I can download a playlist and reduce the file size.

I look forward to a speed and favorable response from you.

Many thanks for this wonderful tool.