[GGobi] Inactive plugins

mig...@uiuc.edu

Mar 24, 2007, 7:23:33 PM3/24/07
to gg...@googlegroups.com
Hi all!
Since this is my first post let me say that GGobi is fantastic! I TA a class in multivariate statistics at the University of Illinois and find the software a great tool for personal data exploration as well as for teaching purposes.
As you might guess I do have a problem. I've installed GGobi under Ubuntu linux and if I run ggobi from the command line I get

** (ggobi:22451): CRITICAL **: Error on loading plugin library plugins/DataViewer/plugin.la: (null)

among other errors.

GGobi still runs and the plugins seem to be loaded but are not active.

Thanks in advance!

Fernando Miguez

Michael Lawrence

Mar 24, 2007, 10:59:44 PM3/24/07
to gg...@googlegroups.com
Hi Fernando,

Do the plugin.la files exist anywhere on your system? Perhaps you did not build the plugins, but they are still in a ggobirc somewhere. Or something like that...

mig...@uiuc.edu

Mar 25, 2007, 12:43:52 AM3/25/07
to gg...@googlegroups.com
Michael,
Problem solved. Thanks!

https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ggobi/+bug/73594

Fernando

Michael Lawrence

Mar 25, 2007, 12:55:37 AM3/25/07
to gg...@googlegroups.com
Cool, it's really our fault for being lazy and not putting the plugins in /usr/lib where I guess they should be if you're a purist. Plugins seem like more trouble than they're worth since no one outside the GGobi team maintains any. There's probably not much motivation given rggobi.