telnetlib and gevent-1.0rc2

Daniel B

Feb 17, 2013, 8:55:27 AM2/17/13
to gev...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
I am encountering an exception when using telnetlib with gevent:
Exception AttributeError: AttributeError("'_DummyThread' object has no attribute '_Thread__block'",) in <module 'threading' from '/usr/lib64/python2.7/threading.pyc'> ignored

I used monkey patching, and even patched the file (in a local copy) to use the gevent modules it uses and I still see the error. Anyone know anything about this?
I am also using the gevent.subprocess module which might be interfering together? I am trying to narrow it to a small reproducible case.

Thank you,
Daniel

cat street

Feb 17, 2013, 7:32:29 PM2/17/13
to gev...@googlegroups.com
That may be a bug, please use gevent-1.04b.

2013/2/17 Daniel B <dan...@lacoon.com>

HomePage: cat.appspot.com

Denis Bilenko

Feb 18, 2013, 2:41:44 AM2/18/13
to gev...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 1:32 AM, cat street <gam...@gmail.com> wrote:
> That may be a bug

What issue are you referring to exactly?

> , please use gevent-1.04b.

not really, rc2 had got quite a few fixes compared to beta:
https://github.com/SiteSupport/gevent/blob/master/changelog.rst

> 2013/2/17 Daniel B <dan...@lacoon.com>
>> I am encountering an exception when using telnetlib with gevent:
>> Exception AttributeError: AttributeError("'_DummyThread' object has no
>> attribute '_Thread__block'",) in <module 'threading' from
>> '/usr/lib64/python2.7/threading.pyc'> ignored

can you reproduce it on a smaller script?

Daniel B

Feb 25, 2013, 5:40:07 PM2/25/13
to gev...@googlegroups.com
I was planning on reducing this to a reproducible test case, but over the weekend, I first upgraded
my machine from Fedora 17 to Fedora 18. Now the bug seems to have disappeared. As part of this upgrade
I also rebuilt my environment. My guess would be that my environment was borked.

If I see this bug resurface I will post an update, but for now this seems like a case of PEBKAC.

Thank you and sorry for the noise,
Daniel