OGR exception in ubuntu 10.04

Matías Iturburu

May 5, 2010, 3:05:59 PM5/5/10
to geodjango
hello list, the last upgrade of ubuntu deprecated postgres 8.3, I think most of the packages needed for successfully running geodjango are in but I'm getting the following error from the project I'm working on:

ERROR 6: Unable to load PROJ.4 library (libproj.so), creation of OGRCoordinateTransformation failed.

It happens when I try to draw a line above a street from openstretmap. I can paste a snippet of the offending code if needed but I wondered if it was a common issue and probably already solved elsewhere.

Anyway, any pointer is useful.
Thanks in advance.

--
Matías Iturburu
http://www.linkedin.com/in/miturburu

Charlie DeTar

May 5, 2010, 3:10:39 PM5/5/10
to geod...@googlegroups.com
I solved this by linking /usr/lib/libproj.so.0 to /usr/lib/libproj.so:

sudo ln -s /usr/lib/libproj.so.0 /usr/lib/libproj.so

A packaging bug, I suspect, though I admit I didn't submit a report.

-charlie

Matías Iturburu

May 5, 2010, 3:21:25 PM5/5/10
to geodjango
On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 4:10 PM, Charlie DeTar <cha...@gmail.com> wrote:
I solved this by linking /usr/lib/libproj.so.0 to /usr/lib/libproj.so:

   sudo ln -s /usr/lib/libproj.so.0 /usr/lib/libproj.so

A packaging bug, I suspect, though I admit I didn't submit a report.

Good to know! that solves my problem. I'll submit the bugreport in a minute.

Thanks Charlie!