Announcement: Genshi on Python 3

Simon Cross

Dec 1, 2010, 3:34:21 AM12/1/10
to gen...@googlegroups.com
Greetings

The Genshi py3k branch is now officially open for user testing and feedback:

http://svn.edgewall.org/repos/genshi/branches/experimental/py3k

Documentation on issues you might encounter when moving to the py3k
branches is available in the upgrade notes:

http://genshi.edgewall.org/browser/branches/experimental/py3k/doc/upgrade.txt

Please file bugs in the bug tracker. General feedback and questions
should rather go to this list. Reports of people successfully using
the py3k branch would be appreciated.

As an incentive for people to try the new branch (and because I don't
have trunk commit rights :) I've included fixes for the following
issues:

#399: Fix handling of tails in py:match processing.
#413: Fix handling of QNames with leading open curly braces.

I'm keeping the Mercurial bitbucket branch in sync for those who are
DVCS inclined:

https://bitbucket.org/hodgestar/genshi-py3k

Roadmap from here:

* Give people until early January to give feedback on the branch.
* Assuming everyone is happy, push to get branch merged into trunk after that.

Schiavo
Simon

Arc Riley

Dec 1, 2010, 4:58:17 AM12/1/10
to gen...@googlegroups.com
Good job!

Simon Cross

Mar 18, 2011, 5:33:25 AM3/18/11
to gen...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 10:34 AM, Simon Cross <hodg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Roadmap from here:
>
> * Give people until early January to give feedback on the branch.
> * Assuming everyone is happy, push to get branch merged into trunk after that.

This morning I merged the py3k experimental branch with trunk. Please
test and give feedback.

The next step is to go through the issue tracker and deal with any
important issues and then I'll look at cutting 0.6.1 and 0.7.0
releases sometime before the middle of the year. Time frame depends on
how rapidly feedback is accrued and whether I get any help with the
list of issues. :)

Schiavo
Simon