Yes there is - but for each column rather than combining columns, which is better because the secondary sort method need not even be in a column.
1. Select a column to make multiple sort
2. Click the "Column Info" icon in tool bar (or use Customize->Columns->Modify Column...) menu command
3. Enter the second sort rule in the field for secondary expression
When sorting by that column, it will sort first by column expression. For those that have the same order, it will sort by the secondary expression. For your case:
1. Select "Birth Place" column and use #2 above to modify the column
2. Enter BIRT.DATE into secondary expression
All those born in the same place will now by sorted by their birthdate for that place.
On May 7, 2012, at 11:26 AM, SparkMan wrote: