Support for Firefox 3.1 builds?

1 view

Kirk M

Jan 6, 2009, 1:47:50 PM1/6/09
to gears...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I was wondering if there were any plans for upgrading Gears to
support the Firefox 3.1 development builds (Shiretoko) anytime
soon. It would be great if testers could check for any bugs
before 3.1 hits the streets and the earlier the better.

Aaron Boodman

Jan 6, 2009, 5:33:05 PM1/6/09
to gears...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kirk.

We're working on it and will do a release as soon as a Firefox 3.1 RC
comes out. We can't do it earlier because each new beta usually
breaks Gears.

- a

Kirk M

Jan 6, 2009, 6:59:31 PM1/6/09
to gears...@googlegroups.com
Sounds more than reasonable. Thanks for the info, sir.

> We're working on it and will do a release as soon as aFirefox3.1RC
> comes out.  We can't do it earlier because each new beta usually
> breaks Gears.

Important note for Add-on Developers: Firefosx 3.1 will now be Firefox
3.5
https://developer.mozilla.org/devnews/index.php/2009/03/06/shiretoko-to-be-named-firefox-35/

Giuliano

Jun 22, 2009, 5:35:46 AM6/22/09
to Aaron Boodman, gears...@googlegroups.com
On 7 Gen, 00:33, Aaron Boodman <a...@google.com> wrote:
> Hi Kirk.
>
> We're working on it and will do a release as soon as a Firefox 3.1 RC
> comes out.

Firefox 3.1 has gone, now we have 3.5 RC2 and still waiting for a
version of gears running with it. Any news?

Thanks!

ahxcjb

Jun 30, 2009, 3:56:08 PM6/30/09
to Gears Users