File Drag and Drop not working with new Firefox 3.5 Support

adam

Jul 15, 2009, 3:35:16 PM7/15/09
to Gears Users
I'm having trouble with Gears file drag and drop in Firefox 3.5. I'm
registering an event listener for the 'drop' event like so:

function handleFileDrop(evt) {

if (evt.preventDefault) {
evt.preventDefault();
}

var desktop = google.gears.factory.create("beta.desktop");
var data = desktop.getDragData(evt, 'application/x-gears-files');
var files = data && data.files;
if (files) {
// process files here
}

return false;
}

dropTarget.addEventListener('drop', handleFileDrop, false);

The event is fired and captured properly but the call to
desktop.getDragData() returns "The drag-and-drop event is invalid."

I've tested this on CentOS 5.3 and Windows XP with the same results.

Any ideas what might be going wrong?

Note: this code works with gears on Firefox 3.0.x when listening for
the 'dragdrop' event. Also the script tag including gears_init.js is
in the body tag not the head.

Brendan

Jul 17, 2009, 8:13:02 AM7/17/09
to Gears Users
Same problem here, reported http://groups.google.com/group/gears-users/browse_thread/thread/50ea8ceea7c2101e?hl=en

Can these be merged?

I can also report that it still works fine in IE 7.

Tobi

Jul 20, 2009, 4:54:41 AM7/20/09
to Gears Users
Same Problem here

On 17 Jul., 14:13, Brendan <unic...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Same problem here, reportedhttp://groups.google.com/group/gears-users/browse_thread/thread/50ea8...

Danguba

Jul 21, 2009, 3:38:34 AM7/21/09
to Gears Users
Same here

Tobi

Jul 29, 2009, 10:34:02 AM7/29/09
to Gears Users
Please fix this! Please...

agomes

Aug 4, 2009, 4:55:39 PM8/4/09
to Gears Users
Any news on this issue?

qyb

Aug 4, 2009, 10:45:06 PM8/4/09
to gears...@googlegroups.com

Tobi

Aug 8, 2009, 11:25:37 AM8/8/09
to Gears Users
Now i have the same Problem with chrome 3.0.196.2

On 5 Aug., 04:45, qyb <qiuyin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> gohttp://code.google.com/p/gears/updates/list

Kevin

Aug 13, 2009, 9:15:10 AM8/13/09