Gears is available on Firefox 3.5

Luka

Jul 14, 2009, 12:22:12 AM7/14/09
to Gears Users

Graeme Glass

Jul 14, 2009, 7:13:11 AM7/14/09
to Gears Users

On Jul 14, 6:22 am, Luka <jeremil...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just go tohttp://gears.google.com/

Not for Linux users.

AJ

Jul 14, 2009, 8:03:31 AM7/14/09
to Gears Users
Thank you. It is finally updated to work with Firefox 3.5. I just had
to uninstall the old Gears version to be able to download the current
version (version 0.5.29.0).

Michael Tacelosky

Jul 14, 2009, 7:37:29 AM7/14/09
to gears...@googlegroups.com
Thanks. I'm having trouble uninstalling the unofficial build (thanks
for doing that, btw!), I'm not sure it's necessary, but figured I
might as well be using the official build. When I click on [Click
Here to re-install] it just brings me back to the same page.

Not sure how else to uninstall it, it doesn't seem to have an easy
remove under tools.

Anyway else see this?

Thx,

Tac

Kirk M

Jul 14, 2009, 4:00:01 PM7/14/09
to gears...@googlegroups.com
You should be able to uninstall it via the Firefox "Add-ons Manager".
Just click on the Google Gears entry and use the "Uninstall" button. If
it's grayed out for some reason and you're using Windows you can remove
it via "Add/Remove programs (XP) or the equivlenat in Vista and Windows
7. And yes, you need to uninstall the developer's version (0.5.25.0)
before you install the official version (0.5.29.0).

HTH

Mark Jarecki

Jul 14, 2009, 7:16:49 PM7/14/09
to gears...@googlegroups.com
Also still not available for OS X.

Matt Brubeck

Jul 14, 2009, 4:16:31 PM7/14/09
to Gears Users
On Jul 14, 4:13 am, Graeme Glass <graemegl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Not for Linux users.

I was able to install the 0.5.29.0 XPI in Firefox 3.5 on Linux, by
downloading it directly from http://dl.google.com/gears/current/gears-linux-opt.xpi

DouglasCaixeta

Jul 14, 2009, 8:25:25 PM7/14/09
to Gears Users
For me is not working.
I use Firefox 3.5 in Ubuntu 9.04 and when I go to the gears website,
still the message: Your browser is not currently supported.

DouglasCaixeta

Jul 15, 2009, 4:34:41 PM7/15/09
to Gears Users
I solved my problem using the UserAgent addon:

Michael Knapp

Jul 15, 2009, 5:21:40 PM7/15/09
to Gears Users
Having a problem in the following situation:

User upgraded Firefox to 3.5 during the few weeks when Gears did not
support the browser. Thus, Gears broke.

Now that 0.5.29.0 is out, user with the broken Gears goes to
http://gears.google.com/ to upgrade.

However, the entire right side of the page at http://gears.google.com/
is blank - the blue box that detects if Gears is installed and offers
the link to click here for installation is not coming up. The firefox
Firefox Add-ons window does not detect Gears as having been installed
either, so that's not an option.

Tried remove the relevant Gears directories and so on, but nothing I
do leads to the detection script working. I am pretty confident it's
a bug in that script in the important edge case of having upgraded
Firefox sometime in the last few weeks.

Thanks in advance for your help with this.

golf...@gmail.com

Jul 17, 2009, 9:56:58 AM7/17/09
to gears...@googlegroups.com
THis is exactly what's happening to me. Latitude is hosed in igoogle
too.