Problem with Firefox 3.0.*

Pascal

Jul 10, 2008, 1:17:38 AM7/10/08
to Gears Users
I installed today the first public beta build of Firefox 3.0.1 and
Google Gears is not working. I can't enable it.
Please add firefox 3.0.* support soon

Aaron Boodman

Jul 10, 2008, 1:21:04 AM7/10/08
to gears...@googlegroups.com

Argh, thanks for the note. The next release will include this change.

- a

Pascal Herbert

Jul 10, 2008, 7:43:30 AM7/10/08
to Gears Users
Firefox 3.0.1 is scheduled for July 15th. When is the Gears updated
planned?
I love to use Gears in Google Docs and Reader. It is also very nice
for remember the milk

PS: I am one of the authors of the German GoogleWatchblog.de

Pascal Herbert

Aaron Boodman

Jul 10, 2008, 11:01:12 AM7/10/08
to gears...@googlegroups.com
It wasn't planned for quite that soon, but close. I guess we'll just
have to push it out a bit quicker.

- a

Kirk M

Jul 13, 2008, 12:00:48 AM7/13/08
to Gears Users
Just to add another factor to the equation, WordPress 2.6 is due out
on July 14th and 2.6 now directly supports Google Gears for the
Administration end of things which really helps the owners of
WordPress powered sites who are stuck with slow connections and also
takes some of the load off of a shared server. I've tested Gears using
Firefox 3.0 with a beta 3 build of WP 2.6 and it works well.

On Jul 10, 11:01 am, "Aaron Boodman" <a...@google.com> wrote:
> It wasn't planned for quite that soon, but close. I guess we'll just
> have to push it out a bit quicker.
>
> - a
>
> On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 4:43 AM, Pascal Herbert

Aaron Boodman

Jul 13, 2008, 4:10:00 PM7/13/08
to gears...@googlegroups.com
I released Gears 0.3.24.3, which is marked for compatibility with
Firefox 3.0.*, to 1% of public users Friday afternoon. I plan to
increase that to 10% then 100% over the next few days, in time for the
Wednesday afternoon schedules release of Firefox 3.0.1.

Big thanks to Pascal for bringing this to our attention!

http://wiki.mozilla.org/Releases/Firefox_3.0.1

- a

Kirk M

Jul 13, 2008, 7:58:44 PM7/13/08
to gears...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Pascal and many thanks to you, Aaron for pushing things out
early. I love it when things work out like this.

Aaron Boodman

Jul 16, 2008, 1:54:17 PM7/16/08
to gears...@googlegroups.com
FYI, this is live to everyone now.

Within the next day or so, you should get upgraded to Gears 0.3.24.3.
If you upgrade to FF 3.0.1, it should trigger an extension update as
part of that and find the new Gears version.

Thanks,

- a

Aaron Hayman

Jul 22, 2008, 3:23:47 PM7/22/08
to Gears Users
Is there any reason why I can't seem to get Gears 0.3.24.3? I've got
0.3.24.0 and updating either from firefox or from google's website
won't work. Gears is broken on my system... :(

On Jul 16, 1:54 pm, "Aaron Boodman" <a...@google.com> wrote:
> FYI, this is live to everyone now.
>
> Within the next day or so, you should get upgraded to Gears 0.3.24.3.
> If you upgrade to FF 3.0.1, it should trigger an extension update as
> part of that and find the new Gears version.
>
> Thanks,
>
> - a
>
> On Sun, Jul 13, 2008 at 1:10 PM, Aaron Boodman <a...@google.com> wrote:
> > I released Gears 0.3.24.3, which is marked for compatibility with
> > Firefox 3.0.*, to 1% of public users Friday afternoon. I plan to
> > increase that to 10% then 100% over the next few days, in time for the
> > Wednesday afternoon schedules release of Firefox 3.0.1.
>
> > Big thanks to Pascal for bringing this to our attention!
>
> >http://wiki.mozilla.org/Releases/Firefox_3.0.1
>
> > - a

Pascal Herbert

Jul 22, 2008, 3:25:01 PM7/22/08
to gears...@googlegroups.com
Uninstall Gears and download the latest setup from gears.google.com and install it. That should help

Aaron Hayman

Jul 22, 2008, 4:30:47 PM7/22/08
to Gears Users
Ok, that worked. I didn't realize you had to uninstall it from
windows and not just try to remove it from firefox. Thanks for the
help!

On Jul 22, 3:25 pm, "Pascal Herbert" <pascal.herb...@googlemail.com>
wrote:
> Uninstall Gears and download the latest setup from gears.google.com and
> install it. That should help

Aaron Boodman

Jul 22, 2008, 4:32:40 PM7/22/08
to gears...@googlegroups.com
You shouldn't have to, but some people have been reporting that it helps.

- a