(401) Authorization required in mono

Curantil

Sep 25, 2009, 8:53:16 AM9/25/09
to Google Data APIs .NET Client Library
Hello,

I try to get the calendar running in Mono.
I followed the instructions for installation. The make and make
install didn't give any problems and I can find them back in the /usr/
local/lib/mono/gac/ directory.
Monodevelop doesn't seem to find the packages by himself. Even not
after I created symbolic links in /usr/lib/mono/gac/

Anyway, I manually added the dll's in Monodevelop to the references
and the application compiles.

But when I try to run it, it always gives an exception when I do a
query. (Google.GData.Client.GDataRequestException: Execution of
request failed: http://<large url> --> System.Net.WebException: The
remote server returned an error: (401) Authorization required.)

I create a calendarservice. Set the user credentials. Create an
eventquery. Fill in the parameters for that, and execute the query
with the service. At that time the exception occurs.

When running the same code in Windows, everything works fine.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
I'm running Ubuntu Jaunty.

Thanks

Frank Mantek

Oct 7, 2009, 11:50:56 AM10/7/09
to Google Data APIs .NET Client Library
I can not answer any Monodevelop question (not using it...). I guess
the 401 is happening because you are not adding the default servers to
your allowed certificate list. Under Mono, by default, you are pretty
much not allowed to talk to anyone, and you have to add the servers to
your list (there is an FAQ entry about this on the mono website). This
is a usual mono issue, and it is a security feature, not a bug. On
windows, those authorities are added by default.

Frank Mantek
Google