Motion - GCD Technical Team

Will Allred

Sep 11, 2008, 12:49:22 PM9/11/08
to gcd-...@googlegroups.com

I’m getting caught up at the office (finally)…this summer nearly killed me (If anybody ever says the words Active Directory migration and Exchange migration, run away).  Anyway, I’d like to bring our technical discussion back up for more discussion, so here’s the motion…

I move that the Board create two positions: Head Technical Coordinator and Head Programmer.  These positions, in conjunction with the existing Data Coordinator position, would be responsible for technical aspects of the GCD.

The Head Technical Coordinator position would be the technical lead for the GCD with two equal subsidiary positions:  Data Coordinator and Head Programmer.

The Head Programmer would be responsible for all application development for the GCD.

Per our earlier discussion, I believe we already have members in mind for these positions (Lionel as Head Technical Coordinator and Henry as Head Programmer), but Im not certain if formal nominations should be made with this motion.

Also, do we need to revisit the description for the Data Coordinator position at this time?

Will

______________________________

Will Allred  <wal...@gmail.com>

http://www.quantumzone.org/           http://www.comics.org/

L. Jámal Walton

Sep 11, 2008, 12:53:39 PM9/11/08
to gcd-...@googlegroups.com
I'd suggest doing away with the data coordinator and HTC, HP, and DBA
(Database Administrator).

Mike Nielsen

Sep 11, 2008, 2:08:13 PM9/11/08
to gcd-...@googlegroups.com
Rather than acknowledging the motion (and I think Jim had a similar motion last week also) then decide we have to kill the motion because we want to change the wording, can we discuss first?

Personally, I kinda like the idea Jamal proposed with Lionel being the board liason and with the other two positions reporting to him.

Of course, this all is based on Lionel wanting to do the job, which I don't think anybody has actually asked him.

I'll be online sporadically for the next 1 1/2 weeks. During the weekdays I'm online but nights and weekends I probably won't be. After the 22nd I'm back online most nights and on the weekends.

Mike Nielsen

  The Dude abides.   Jeffrey Lebowski - The Big Lebowski

> I'm getting caught up at the office (finally).this
> summer nearly killed me
> (If anybody ever says the words Active Directory migration
> and Exchange
> migration, run away). Anyway, I'd like to bring our
> technical discussion
> back up for more discussion, so here's the motion.

CArch...@aol.com

Sep 14, 2008, 11:13:39 PM9/14/08
to gcd-...@googlegroups.com

In a message dated 9/11/08 2:09:03 PM, rasta...@yahoo.com writes:

Rather than acknowledging the motion (and I think Jim had a similar motion last week also) then decide we have to kill the motion because we want to change the wording, can we discuss first?

Personally, I kinda like the idea Jamal proposed with Lionel being the board liason and with the other two positions reporting to him.

Of course, this all is based on Lionel wanting to do the job, which I don't think anybody has actually asked him.

I'll be online sporadically for the next 1 1/2 weeks.  During the weekdays I'm online but nights and weekends I probably won't be.  After the 22nd I'm back online most nights and on the weekends.

Mike Nielsen

I don't really have an opinion on the matter yet. Mostly because I have my doubts that things will get any different with the new positions.

my best
-Ray

**************
Psssst...Have you heard the news? There's a new fashion blog, plus the latest fall trends and hair styles at StyleList.com.

Mike Nielsen

Sep 28, 2008, 6:51:40 PM9/28/08
to gcd-...@googlegroups.com
The chair recognizes the motion. Do we have a second?

(and this is basically the same motion that Jim was after, but this was laid out a bit more specific).

Mike Nielsen

  Need to see if the world still exists?   Try  http://hasthelargehadroncolliderdestroyedtheworldyet.com/

> I'm getting caught up at the office (finally).this
> summer nearly killed me
> (If anybody ever says the words Active Directory migration
> and Exchange
> migration, run away). Anyway, I'd like to bring our
> technical discussion
> back up for more discussion, so here's the motion.

James Ludwig

Sep 28, 2008, 6:56:51 PM9/28/08
to gcd-...@googlegroups.com
second the motion

Mike Nielsen

Oct 5, 2008, 7:15:18 PM10/5/08
to gcd-...@googlegroups.com
Did anybody second Will's motion? I can't find evidence of it. Did I miss it somewhere along the line in the deluge of email this week?

Mike Nielsen

  Need to see if the world still exists?   Try  http://hasthelargehadroncolliderdestroyedtheworldyet.com/

James Ludwig

Oct 5, 2008, 8:26:26 PM10/5/08
to gcd-...@googlegroups.com
Mike you replied to my second :)

Mike Nielsen

Oct 6, 2008, 2:38:07 PM10/6/08
to gcd-...@googlegroups.com
OK, I thought I had a second. I'm a bit scatter brained with some stuff going on in the "real world".

So, we had several days to discuss, and discussed earlier. So we can vote on this also, Lou. That makes two votes we have going on, this one and one to table the other motion and send it to the Sr. Editors on one-panel cartoons.

Mike Nielsen

  Need to see if the world still exists?   Try  http://hasthelargehadroncolliderdestroyedtheworldyet.com/

Lou Mazzella

Oct 6, 2008, 7:22:47 PM10/6/08
to gcd-...@googlegroups.com
MOTION:
That the Board create two positions:

Head Technical Coordinator and Head Programmer. These positions, in conjunction with the existing Data Coordinator position, would be responsible for technical aspects of the GCD. The Head Technical Coordinator position would be the technical lead for the GCD with two equal subsidiary positions: Data Coordinator and Head Programmer. The Head Programmer would be responsible for all application development for the GCD.

Please cast your vote for the above motion by placing an x next to one of the following:
( ) For
( ) Against
( ) Abstain

Please cast your vote no later than October 13, 2008.

James Ludwig

Oct 6, 2008, 8:26:13 PM10/6/08
to gcd-...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 7:22 PM, Lou Mazzella <gloi...@yahoo.com> wrote:

MOTION:
That the Board create two positions:
Head Technical Coordinator and Head Programmer. These positions, in conjunction with the existing Data Coordinator position, would be responsible for technical aspects of the GCD. The Head Technical Coordinator position would be the technical lead for the GCD with two equal subsidiary positions: Data Coordinator and Head Programmer. The Head Programmer would be responsible for all application development for the GCD.

Please cast your vote for the above motion by placing an x next to one of the following:
( xx  ) For

tony...@comcast.net

Oct 6, 2008, 8:58:59 PM10/6/08
to gcd-...@googlegroups.com
Tony's vote:

> MOTION:
> That the Board create two positions:
> Head Technical Coordinator and Head Programmer. These positions, in conjunction with the existing Data Coordinator position, would be responsible for technical aspects of the GCD. The Head Technical Coordinator position would be the technical lead for the GCD with two equal subsidiary positions: Data Coordinator and Head Programmer. The Head Programmer would be responsible for all application development for the GCD.
>
> Please cast your vote for the above motion by placing an x next to one of the following:
> (xxx) For

Michael Catron

CArch...@aol.com

Oct 6, 2008, 10:01:56 PM10/6/08
to gcd-...@googlegroups.com
Ray's vote...

In a message dated 10/6/08 7:23:09 PM, gloi...@yahoo.com writes:

MOTION:
That the Board create two positions:
Head Technical Coordinator and Head Programmer. These positions, in conjunction with the existing Data Coordinator position, would be responsible for technical aspects of the GCD. The Head Technical Coordinator position would be the technical lead for the GCD with two equal subsidiary positions: Data Coordinator and Head Programmer. The Head Programmer would be responsible for all application development for the GCD.

Please cast your vote for the above motion by placing an x next to one of the following:
( x ) For

(   ) Against
(   ) Abstain

Please cast your vote no later than October 13, 2008.

**************
New MapQuest Local shows what's happening at your destination. Dining, Movies, Events, News & more. Try it out!

Mike Nielsen

Oct 7, 2008, 9:55:06 AM10/7/08
to gcd-...@googlegroups.com
Mike Nielsen's vote

> Head Technical Coordinator and Head Programmer. These
> positions, in conjunction with the existing Data Coordinator
> position, would be responsible for technical aspects of the
> GCD. The Head Technical Coordinator position would be the
> technical lead for the GCD with two equal subsidiary
> positions: Data Coordinator and Head Programmer. The Head
> Programmer would be responsible for all application
> development for the GCD.
>
> Please cast your vote for the above motion by placing an x
> next to one of the following:

> ( XX ) For

Will Allred

Lou Mazzella

Oct 7, 2008, 6:42:01 PM10/7/08
to gcd-...@googlegroups.com

> MOTION:
> That the Board create two positions:
> Head Technical Coordinator and Head Programmer. These
> positions, in conjunction with the existing Data Coordinator
> position, would be responsible for technical aspects of the
> GCD. The Head Technical Coordinator position would be the
> technical lead for the GCD with two equal subsidiary
> positions: Data Coordinator and Head Programmer. The Head
> Programmer would be responsible for all application
> development for the GCD.
>
> Please cast your vote for the above motion by placing an x
> next to one of the following:
> ( x ) For

> ( ) Against
> ( ) Abstain

-Lou

Matthias Hofmann

Oct 8, 2008, 6:52:44 AM10/8/08
to gcd-...@googlegroups.com
This is Matthias Hofmann's vote:

> MOTION:
> That the Board create two positions:
> Head Technical Coordinator and Head Programmer. These positions, in
> conjunction with the existing Data Coordinator position, would be
> responsible for technical aspects of the GCD. The Head Technical
> Coordinator position would be the technical lead for the GCD with two
> equal subsidiary positions: Data Coordinator and Head Programmer. The Head
> Programmer would be responsible for all application development for the
> GCD.
>
> Please cast your vote for the above motion by placing an x next to one of
> the following:

> ( X ) For

Matthew Gore

Oct 13, 2008, 10:54:10 AM10/13/08
to gcd-...@googlegroups.com
Lou Mazzella wrote:

>MOTION:
>That the Board create two positions:
>Head Technical Coordinator and Head Programmer. These positions, in conjunction with the existing Data Coordinator position, would be responsible for technical aspects of the GCD. The Head Technical Coordinator position would be the technical lead for the GCD with two equal subsidiary positions: Data Coordinator and Head Programmer. The Head Programmer would be responsible for all application development for the GCD.
>
>Please cast your vote for the above motion by placing an x next to one of the following:

>( X ) For

Lou Mazzella

Oct 13, 2008, 11:16:37 AM10/13/08
to gcd-...@googlegroups.com
The following motion has passed with all members voting in favor: