Remove Gantry Title Tags

Greg Gallup

Jan 9, 2012, 6:52:17 PM1/9/12
to Gantry Framework for WordPress Users
Wordpress Version 3.2.1
Gantry Version 1.21

I have installed a plugin to write custom Page <Title> as the Gantry
Custom Page <Title> feature is simply not robust enough for proper
SEO. All is working well with the plugin and I am not requesting help
with any 3rd party software. The plugin "SEO Title Tag" is properly
writing the <TITLE> for me in all pages.

However, Gantry is also continuing to write <TITLE> tags using the
"Page Name" so all pages have 2 <TITLE> tags in the HTML.

Duplicating the Page Name in the <TITLE> is not effective and I've not
interested in using All-in-One or YOAST. I simply want to know what
should be modified within the Gantry Framework to stop the Gantry
plugin from writing <TITLE> at all. Any help would be appreciated.

Greg Gallup

Jan 17, 2012, 6:54:34 PM1/17/12
to Gantry Framework for WordPress Users
Anybody - Any help!?

Philip Swann

Jan 18, 2012, 2:07:43 AM1/18/12
to gantry-framework-f...@googlegroups.com
Gantry theme, content , title on or off...

--
Sent from my mobile device

Jakub - RocketTheme.com

Jan 19, 2012, 8:03:58 AM1/19/12
to gantry-framework-f...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

You can try to copy the title.php from wp-content/plugins/gantry/gizmos/ to wp-content/themes/your-theme/gizmos/, edit it and change :

function isEnabled(){
return true;
}

to :

function isEnabled(){
return false;
}

This will disable the title gizmo entirely.

Thanks,
Jakub

Greg Gallup

Jan 23, 2012, 12:28:50 PM1/23/12
to Gantry Framework for WordPress Users
Thank you again Tim!

I am familiar with some PHP and have followed the instructions to the
best of my ability.

I have copied title.php from:
wp-content/plugins/gantry/gizmos/
to:
wp-content/themes/rt_zephyr_wp/gizmos/

I have made the following edits from:

[code=text]
class GantryGizmoTitle extends GantryGizmo {

var $_name = 'title';

function isEnabled(){
return true;
}
[/code]

to:

[code=text]
class GantryGizmoTitle extends GantryGizmo {

var $_name = 'title';

function isEnabled(){
return false;
}
[/code]

The system is STILL printing 2 <TITLE> tags in the code.

red

Jan 31, 2012, 10:46:14 AM1/31/12
to Gantry Framework for WordPress Users
Got it working to not include the title tag.

In this file:
wp-content/plugins/gantry/core/gantry.class.php
line 863

replaced return $title; with return false;

[code]
function _renderTitle() {
if ($this->isAdmin()) return "";

if (!isset($this->pageTitle)) {
$this->pageTitle = wp_title('&raquo;', false);
}

$this->pageTitle = str_replace('$', '\$', $this->pageTitle);
$title = '<title>' . $this->pageTitle . '</title>' . chr(13);
//return $title;
return false;
}
[/code]

tried doing it through the functions file, but none of these worked:
remove_action( 'get_header','gantry_title_gizmo');
remove_action( 'get_header', '_renderTitle');
remove_action( 'wp_head','gantry_title_gizmo');
remove_action( 'wp_head', '_renderTitle');

It's not clear to me what those hook into (get_header, wp_head, etc.)
but that would be a more ideal long term approach. Any suggestions?
Otherwise the change to the function _renderTitle() will work for now.

FBF Auto

Jan 10, 2013, 8:11:10 PM1/10/13
to gantry-framework-f...@googlegroups.com, in...@redearthdesign.com
Good evening, I'm also having problems with my categories and titles of my posts from my site http://www.fbfauto.com.br

FBF Auto

Jan 10, 2013, 8:18:01 PM1/10/13
to gantry-framework-f...@googlegroups.com, in...@redearthdesign.com
thank you! I decided to just change my return true; to return false; perfect! Thank you, take long until you find the solution