DEBUG_LEVEL always zero

Lance Albertson

Feb 2, 2010, 5:56:14 PM2/2/10
to gan...@googlegroups.com
I'm working on creating a new instance script and would like to print
more information if the user sets the "--debug|-d" option during an
add/reinstall operation. I've looked through the documentation and
noticed that I should be able to trigger that via the DEBUG_LEVEL
environment variable that gets passed to the script. However upon
further inspection I've noticed that this variable always returns 0
instead of 1 like the documentation mentions.

Is there any reason why DEBUG_LEVEL should always return 0? Or am I
reading the documentation incorrectly?

Thanks-

--
Lance Albertson

signature.asc

Iustin Pop

Feb 3, 2010, 3:21:50 AM2/3/10
to gan...@googlegroups.com

This is not yet working - it requires a inter-node protocol changes, and
we didn't want to do that during stable series.

Interstingly, we forgot about it and it doesn't work in 2.1~rc either.
We need to fix this, thanks for the reminder!

iustin

Lance Albertson

Feb 3, 2010, 11:28:27 AM2/3/10
to gan...@googlegroups.com

I'm glad I could help you with the reminder :-)

--
Lance Albertson

signature.asc

Iustin Pop

Feb 3, 2010, 12:06:03 PM2/3/10
to gan...@googlegroups.com

Heh :)

Initial protocol changes submitted, the remaining client bits that will
allow this to work will probably land in 2.1.1.

iustin

Iustin Pop

Feb 11, 2010, 6:55:59 AM2/11/10
to gan...@googlegroups.com

The remaining bits were just committed, will be indeed in 2.1.1.

iustin