slow debugging with TD.NET+gallio+mbunit

Mike Nichols

Dec 19, 2008, 12:20:23 PM12/19/08
to gallio-dev
When I run td.net (most recent build) with debugger on mbunit tests,
the execution is extremely slow. It eventually gets there but
something is slowing it down.
On another project I was running tests that use XUnit with debugger in
td.net and I didn't have the same problems.

I have a recent copy of Gallio.

Any ideas where I might look that is causing this? Do you think this
is a td.net issue?

Jeff Brown

Dec 19, 2008, 6:43:52 PM12/19/08
to galli...@googlegroups.com
Is the delay on the order of 5-10 seconds?

Corey

Dec 20, 2008, 1:25:58 PM12/20/08
to gallio-dev
We experience a similar slow debugging experience when debugging with
the Resharper and Gallio with MBUnit. However, running XUnit tests
there are no performance problems. On average F10 takes two seconds
per line for us.

Mike Nichols

Dec 23, 2008, 3:17:02 AM12/23/08
to gallio-dev
Sorry, just got back
My experience is similar to Corey's. Stepping thru is painful...

Mike Nichols

Jan 22, 2009, 12:17:33 AM1/22/09
to gallio-dev
Sorry to revisit this but I am still not able to figure out why
debugging with MbUnit is so slow. I notice there are a slough of
SymWrapper.dll exceptions (I think that was the name of the dll) but
not sure that is related.
I am on Server 2003R2, VMWare, VS 2008 SP1, REsharper 4.1 and only the
TD.NET runner used (Resharper plugin is not installed) and VS addin is
not loaded either (that was hanging Visual Studio).
I am using a recent build (r627 I think of 3.0.6).

Is there something I should look into like an error log to track this
down? If not, how can I use MbUnit with TestDriven.NET from the latest
distro? Just add the registry key in TD.NET?

@Jeff, you asked earlier on this thread if the delay is on the order
of 5-10 seconds...yes, it is for each F10 strike.

Thanks in advance
Mike

On Dec 23 2008, 1:17 am, Mike Nichols <nichols.mik...@gmail.com>

Jeff Brown

Jan 22, 2009, 1:02:17 AM1/22/09
to galli...@googlegroups.com
That's much worse than it should be.

You might consider disabling automatic evaluation of properties as well as the exceptuon assistant.

You can use any version of tdnet. If it wasn't installed beforehand then just runn the Gallio installer again to install the missing components.

As for comexceptions they do slow down initial startup and are a nuisance besides. I need to investigate whether I can work around them short of rewriting isymwrapper.

Jeff.

Mads Nissen

Jan 22, 2009, 8:00:34 AM1/22/09
to gallio-dev
Just as a really vague side note; I watched some TD.NET execution of
MSTest stuff in a live meeting yesterday and it did about 50 unittests
in no time compared to what I'm seeing for similar stuff with mbunit.

I'd be glad to collect any data that might be relevant to aid in this
issue..

mads

Mario

Jan 22, 2009, 9:39:57 AM1/22/09
to gallio-dev

Hi,

I always see a 5 to 10 second delay when launching MbUnit tests with
the debugger using TD .net. If I look at the output window it appears
the delay is occurring while loading the plethora of DLLs that come
with Gallio. Has anyone else noticed this?

Regards,

Mario

Jeff Brown

Jan 22, 2009, 8:17:57 PM1/22/09
to galli...@googlegroups.com
That is correct.  Gallio is loading lots of dlls on startup and this slows down execution in TDNet, particularly with the debugger.

The plan is to rewrite the plugin loading process so that more declarative information is available up-front and fewer dlls are loaded until actually required.

Jeff.

Johan Appelgren

Jan 27, 2009, 8:26:11 AM1/27/09
to galli...@googlegroups.com
Using ReSharper and Gallio v3.0.5 I also get slow source stepping when
debugging tests, there's a significant delay when pressing F10.

Disabling "property evaluation and other implicit function calls" in
the VS options fixes this, stepping is as quick as when debugging
normally. Is it the gallio test-runner that somehow causes this?

/Johan

Jeff Brown

Jan 27, 2009, 2:19:11 PM1/27/09
to galli...@googlegroups.com
I don't think it's really Gallio's fault here unless there happen to be some Gallio or MbUnit objects in local scope while you're stepping (unlikely).

As far as I can tell, Visual Studio is just trying to do too much work between steps as it reevaluates properties each time.  Some projects are more affected by others.  For example, WatiN projects are hopelessly slow to step through unless property evaluation is disabled because each evaluation can result in a COM call to IE.

Jeff.

Johan Appelgren

Jan 28, 2009, 3:19:46 AM1/28/09
to galli...@googlegroups.com
I guess it's something with how Gallio runs tests. Because if I debug
NUnit tests with the ReSharper NUnit runner it's very fast.

Jeff Brown

Jan 28, 2009, 8:44:52 PM1/28/09
to galli...@googlegroups.com
Would the same tests written with MbUnit vs. NUnit behave any differently with respect to debugger single-stepping?  It's possible but I just don't have an action principle to explain why besides well-known issues with implicit function evaluation in the VS Debugger...

Are there particular lines of code that are slow to step over vs. others?

Jeff.

Johan Appelgren

Jan 29, 2009, 5:20:21 AM1/29/09
to galli...@googlegroups.com
I created two test projects, one that uses MbUnit and one that uses NUnit.

Stepping through the test method in the MbUnit version is slow but not
in the NUnit version. I used the Gallio ReSharper plugin to debug the
MbUnit test, and the NUnit ReSharper plugin to debug the NUnit test.
Not sure what VS could be doing different in the Gallio case.

namespace MbUnit
{
using MbUnit.Framework;

[TestFixture]
public class Fixture
{
[Test]
public void Test()
{
int i = 1 + 1;
Assert.AreEqual(2, i);
}
}
}

namespace NUnit
{
using NUnit.Framework;

[TestFixture]
public class Fixture
{
[Test]
public void Test()
{
int i = 1 + 1;
Assert.AreEqual(2, i);

Corey

Feb 16, 2009, 3:01:40 PM2/16/09
to gallio-dev
I've tried debugging MbUnit tests in 3.0.6.683 and the performance is
still really slow. It doesn't appear to be Gallio related. It seems
more specific to MbUnit. I can use Gallio to debug MbUnit vs. xUnit
and the performance for the xUnit is significantly faster even against
the exact same tests.

//using MbUnit.Framework;
using Xunit;

namespace UnitTest
{
//[TestFixture]
public class TestCase
{
[Fact]
//[Test]
public void Debug_Performance_Test()
{
string test = "";
string stepInto = "slow on mbunit";
string thirdStep = "nothing crazy going on here.";
}
}
}

Jeff Brown

Feb 16, 2009, 3:25:20 PM2/16/09
to galli...@googlegroups.com, gallio-dev
Hmm it just occurred to me. Does it run much faster if you close the
stack trace view (temporarily)?

Corey

Feb 16, 2009, 3:59:47 PM2/16/09
to gallio-dev
No, it seems about the same. I tried closing other windows too just in
case.

Jeff Brown

Feb 16, 2009, 4:17:13 PM2/16/09
to galli...@googlegroups.com, gallio-dev
So what occurred to me today is that MbUnit's stack depth is
significantly greater than it used to be (using lots of anonymous
delegates to compose behaviours). It probably uses more ram too.
Xunit's would still be quite light under Gallio. Anyways I expect
Visual Studio is doing a lot of work updating its views. The trick is
isolating which update is the hotspot is and then figuring out if we
can even do anything about it.

I should point out that my own personal debugging experience is
acceptably fast even on a relatively underpowered laptop.

Corey

Feb 16, 2009, 5:16:10 PM2/16/09
to gallio-dev
The top section is the stack from xUnit, and the bottom is MbUnit. I'm
wondering if you notice something significantly different in the
MbUnit stack that would explain why you're getting better performance?

> UnitTest.DLL!UnitTest.TestCase.Debug_Performance_Test() Line 13 C#
[Native to Managed Transition]
[Managed to Native Transition]
xunit.dll!Xunit.Sdk.TestCommand.Execute(object testClass =
{UnitTest.TestCase}) + 0x4d bytes
xunit.dll!Xunit.Sdk.FixtureCommand.Execute(object testClass =
{UnitTest.TestCase}) + 0x155 bytes
xunit.dll!Xunit.Sdk.BeforeAfterCommand.Execute(object testClass =
{UnitTest.TestCase}) + 0x14c bytes
xunit.dll!Xunit.Sdk.LifetimeCommand.Execute(object testClass =
{UnitTest.TestCase}) + 0x73 bytes
xunit.dll!Xunit.Sdk.ExceptionWrapperCommand.Execute.AnonymousMethod
() + 0x34 bytes
xunit.dll!Xunit.Sdk.ExceptionWrapperCommand.RunAndCatch
(Xunit.Sdk.ExceptionWrapperCommand.ExecutionDelegate delegate =
{Method = {Xunit.Sdk.MethodResult <Execute>b__0()}}) + 0x45 bytes
xunit.dll!Xunit.Sdk.ExceptionWrapperCommand.Execute(object testClass
= null) + 0x81 bytes
xunit.dll!Xunit.Sdk.TimedCommand.Execute(object testClass = null) +
0x62 bytes
xunit.dll!Xunit.Sdk.TraceAssertCommand.Execute(object testClass =
null) + 0x174 bytes
Gallio.XunitAdapter.dll!
Gallio.XunitAdapter.Model.XunitTestController.RunTestCommandAndFinishStep
(Gallio.Model.Execution.ITestContext testContext =
{Gallio.Model.Execution.ObservableTestContext},
Xunit.Sdk.ITestClassCommand testClassCommand =
{Xunit.Sdk.TestClassCommand}, Xunit.Sdk.ITestCommand testCommand =
{Xunit.Sdk.TraceAssertCommand}) + 0x70 bytes
Gallio.XunitAdapter.dll!
Gallio.XunitAdapter.Model.XunitTestController.RunTestCommands
(Gallio.Model.Execution.ITestCommand testCommand =
{Debug_Performance_Test}, Xunit.Sdk.ITestClassCommand testClassCommand
= {Xunit.Sdk.TestClassCommand},
System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<Xunit.Sdk.ITestCommand>
xunitTestCommands = Count = 1, Gallio.Model.ITestStep parentTestStep =
{[Step] TestCase}, bool isPrimary = true) + 0x15f bytes
Gallio.XunitAdapter.dll!
Gallio.XunitAdapter.Model.XunitTestController.RunTestMethod
(Gallio.Model.Execution.ITestCommand testCommand =
{Debug_Performance_Test}, System.Reflection.MethodInfo methodInfo =
{Void Debug_Performance_Test()}, Xunit.Sdk.ITestClassCommand
testClassCommand = {Xunit.Sdk.TestClassCommand},
Gallio.Model.ITestStep parentTestStep = {[Step] TestCase}) + 0x1b2
bytes
Gallio.XunitAdapter.dll!
Gallio.XunitAdapter.Model.XunitTestController.RunTestClassCommandAndFinishStep
(Gallio.Model.Execution.ITestCommand testCommand = {TestCase},
Gallio.Model.Execution.ITestContext testContext =
{Gallio.Model.Execution.ObservableTestContext},
Xunit.Sdk.ITestClassCommand testClassCommand =
{Xunit.Sdk.TestClassCommand}) + 0x344 bytes
Gallio.XunitAdapter.dll!
Gallio.XunitAdapter.Model.XunitTestController.RunTestFixture
(Gallio.Model.Execution.ITestCommand testCommand = {TestCase},
Gallio.XunitAdapter.Model.XunitTypeInfoAdapter typeInfo =
{UnitTest.TestCase}, Gallio.Model.ITestStep parentTestStep = {[Step]
UnitTest}) + 0x10e bytes
Gallio.XunitAdapter.dll!
Gallio.XunitAdapter.Model.XunitTestController.RunTest
(Gallio.Model.Execution.ITestCommand testCommand = {TestCase},
Gallio.Model.ITestStep parentTestStep = {[Step] UnitTest},
Gallio.Runtime.ProgressMonitoring.IProgressMonitor progressMonitor =
{Gallio.Runtime.ProgressMonitoring.RemoteProgressMonitor}) + 0xb0
bytes
Gallio.XunitAdapter.dll!
Gallio.XunitAdapter.Model.XunitTestController.RunTestsImpl
(Gallio.Model.Execution.ITestCommand rootTestCommand = {TestCase},
Gallio.Model.ITestStep parentTestStep = {[Step] UnitTest},
Gallio.Model.Execution.TestExecutionOptions options =
{Gallio.Model.Execution.TestExecutionOptions},
Gallio.Runtime.ProgressMonitoring.IProgressMonitor progressMonitor =
{Gallio.Runtime.ProgressMonitoring.RemoteProgressMonitor}) + 0xd1
bytes
Gallio.dll!Gallio.Model.Execution.BaseTestController.RunTests
(Gallio.Model.Execution.ITestCommand rootTestCommand = {TestCase},
Gallio.Model.ITestStep parentTestStep = {[Step] UnitTest},
Gallio.Model.Execution.TestExecutionOptions options =
{Gallio.Model.Execution.TestExecutionOptions},
Gallio.Runtime.ProgressMonitoring.IProgressMonitor progressMonitor =
{Gallio.Runtime.ProgressMonitoring.RemoteProgressMonitor}) Line 42 +
0x17 bytes C#
Gallio.dll!Gallio.Model.Execution.RecursiveTestController.RunTest
(Gallio.Model.Execution.ITestCommand testCommand = {TestCase},
Gallio.Model.ITestStep parentTestStep = {[Step] UnitTest},
Gallio.Model.Execution.TestExecutionOptions options =
{Gallio.Model.Execution.TestExecutionOptions},
Gallio.Runtime.ProgressMonitoring.IProgressMonitor progressMonitor =
{Gallio.Runtime.ProgressMonitoring.RemoteProgressMonitor}) Line 53 +
0x18 bytes C#
Gallio.dll!
Gallio.Model.Execution.RecursiveTestController.RunNonMasterTest
(Gallio.Model.Execution.ITestCommand testCommand = {UnitTest},
Gallio.Model.ITestStep parentTestStep = {[Step] xUnit.net
v1.1.0.1323}, Gallio.Model.Execution.TestExecutionOptions options =
{Gallio.Model.Execution.TestExecutionOptions},
Gallio.Runtime.ProgressMonitoring.IProgressMonitor progressMonitor =
{Gallio.Runtime.ProgressMonitoring.RemoteProgressMonitor}) Line 85 +
0x42 bytes C#
Gallio.dll!Gallio.Model.Execution.RecursiveTestController.RunTest
(Gallio.Model.Execution.ITestCommand testCommand = {UnitTest},
Gallio.Model.ITestStep parentTestStep = {[Step] xUnit.net
v1.1.0.1323}, Gallio.Model.Execution.TestExecutionOptions options =
{Gallio.Model.Execution.TestExecutionOptions},
Gallio.Runtime.ProgressMonitoring.IProgressMonitor progressMonitor =
{Gallio.Runtime.ProgressMonitoring.RemoteProgressMonitor}) Line 67 +
0x14 bytes C#
Gallio.dll!
Gallio.Model.Execution.RecursiveTestController.RunNonMasterTest
(Gallio.Model.Execution.ITestCommand testCommand = {xUnit.net
v1.1.0.1323}, Gallio.Model.ITestStep parentTestStep = {[Step] Root},
Gallio.Model.Execution.TestExecutionOptions options =
{Gallio.Model.Execution.TestExecutionOptions},
Gallio.Runtime.ProgressMonitoring.IProgressMonitor progressMonitor =
{Gallio.Runtime.ProgressMonitoring.RemoteProgressMonitor}) Line 85 +
0x42 bytes C#
Gallio.dll!Gallio.Model.Execution.RecursiveTestController.RunTest
(Gallio.Model.Execution.ITestCommand testCommand = {xUnit.net
v1.1.0.1323}, Gallio.Model.ITestStep parentTestStep = {[Step] Root},
Gallio.Model.Execution.TestExecutionOptions options =
{Gallio.Model.Execution.TestExecutionOptions},
Gallio.Runtime.ProgressMonitoring.IProgressMonitor progressMonitor =
{Gallio.Runtime.ProgressMonitoring.RemoteProgressMonitor}) Line 67 +
0x14 bytes C#
Gallio.dll!
Gallio.Model.Execution.RecursiveTestController.RunNonMasterTest
(Gallio.Model.Execution.ITestCommand testCommand = {Root (explicit)},
Gallio.Model.ITestStep parentTestStep = null,
Gallio.Model.Execution.TestExecutionOptions options =
{Gallio.Model.Execution.TestExecutionOptions},
Gallio.Runtime.ProgressMonitoring.IProgressMonitor progressMonitor =
{Gallio.Runtime.ProgressMonitoring.RemoteProgressMonitor}) Line 85 +
0x42 bytes C#
Gallio.dll!
Gallio.Model.Execution.RecursiveTestController.RunTestsImpl
(Gallio.Model.Execution.ITestCommand rootTestCommand = {Root
(explicit)}, Gallio.Model.ITestStep parentTestStep = null,
Gallio.Model.Execution.TestExecutionOptions options =
{Gallio.Model.Execution.TestExecutionOptions},
Gallio.Runtime.ProgressMonitoring.IProgressMonitor progressMonitor =
{Gallio.Runtime.ProgressMonitoring.RemoteProgressMonitor}) Line 35 +
0x15 bytes C#
Gallio.dll!Gallio.Model.Execution.BaseTestController.RunTests
(Gallio.Model.Execution.ITestCommand rootTestCommand = {Root
(explicit)}, Gallio.Model.ITestStep parentTestStep = null,
Gallio.Model.Execution.TestExecutionOptions options =
{Gallio.Model.Execution.TestExecutionOptions},
Gallio.Runtime.ProgressMonitoring.IProgressMonitor progressMonitor =
{Gallio.Runtime.ProgressMonitoring.RemoteProgressMonitor}) Line 42 +
0x17 bytes C#
Gallio.dll!
Gallio.Runner.Harness.DefaultTestHarness.RunAllTestCommands.AnonymousMethod
() Line 291 + 0x20 bytes C#
mscorlib.dll!System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context
(object state) + 0x66 bytes
mscorlib.dll!System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run
(System.Threading.ExecutionContext executionContext,
System.Threading.ContextCallback callback, object state) + 0x6f bytes
mscorlib.dll!System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart() + 0x44
bytes
[Appdomain Transition]

> UnitTest.DLL!UnitTest.TestCase.Debug_Performance_Test() Line 13 C#
[Native to Managed Transition]
[Managed to Native Transition]
Gallio.dll!
Gallio.Framework.Pattern.PatternTestInstanceState.InvokeTestMethod()
Line 385 + 0x24 bytes C#
Gallio.dll!
Gallio.Framework.Pattern.TestMethodPatternAttribute.Execute
(Gallio.Framework.Pattern.PatternTestInstanceState state =
{Gallio.Framework.Pattern.PatternTestInstanceState}) Line 171 + 0xb
bytes C#
MbUnit.dll!MbUnit.Framework.TestAttribute.Execute
(Gallio.Framework.Pattern.PatternTestInstanceState state =
{Gallio.Framework.Pattern.PatternTestInstanceState}) Line 68 + 0xc
bytes C#
Gallio.dll!
Gallio.Framework.Pattern.TestMethodPatternAttribute.SetTestSemantics.AnonymousMethod
(Gallio.Framework.Pattern.PatternTestInstanceState state =
{Gallio.Framework.Pattern.PatternTestInstanceState}) Line 161 + 0xb
bytes C#
Gallio.dll!
Gallio.Framework.Pattern.PatternTestInstanceActions.ExecuteTestInstance
(Gallio.Framework.Pattern.PatternTestInstanceState testInstanceState =
{Gallio.Framework.Pattern.PatternTestInstanceState}) Line 200 C#
Gallio.dll!
Gallio.Framework.Pattern.PatternTestInstanceActions.ExecuteTestInstance
(Gallio.Framework.Pattern.PatternTestInstanceState testInstanceState =
{Gallio.Framework.Pattern.PatternTestInstanceState}) Line 200 C#
Gallio.dll!
Gallio.Framework.Pattern.PatternTestInstanceActions.ExecuteTestInstance
(Gallio.Framework.Pattern.PatternTestInstanceState testInstanceState =
{Gallio.Framework.Pattern.PatternTestInstanceState}) Line 200 C#
Gallio.dll!
Gallio.Framework.Pattern.PatternTestExecutor.DoExecuteTestInstance.AnonymousMethod
() Line 508 + 0x1f bytes C#
Gallio.dll!Gallio.Framework.Sandbox.RunWithScope
(Gallio.Model.Logging.TestLogWriter testLogWriter =
{Gallio.Model.Logging.FallbackTestLogWriter},
Gallio.Concurrency.ThreadAbortScope scope =
{Gallio.Concurrency.ThreadAbortScope}, Gallio.Action action = {Method
= {Void <DoExecuteTestInstance>b__34()}}, string description = null)
Line 361 + 0xd bytes C#
Gallio.dll!Gallio.Framework.Sandbox.Run
(Gallio.Model.Logging.TestLogWriter testLogWriter =
{Gallio.Model.Logging.FallbackTestLogWriter}, Gallio.Action action =
{Method = {Void <DoExecuteTestInstance>b__34()}}, string description =
null) Line 338 + 0x18 bytes C#
Gallio.dll!
Gallio.Framework.Pattern.PatternTestExecutor.DoExecuteTestInstance
(Gallio.Framework.TestContext context =
{Gallio.Framework.TestContext},
Gallio.Framework.Pattern.PatternTestInstanceState testInstanceState =
{Gallio.Framework.Pattern.PatternTestInstanceState}) Line 506 + 0x4b
bytes C#
Gallio.dll!
Gallio.Framework.Pattern.PatternTestExecutor.RunTestInstanceWithContext
(Gallio.Model.Execution.ITestCommand testCommand =
{Debug_Performance_Test}, Gallio.Framework.TestContext context =
{Gallio.Framework.TestContext},
Gallio.Framework.Pattern.PatternTestInstanceState testInstanceState =
{Gallio.Framework.Pattern.PatternTestInstanceState}) Line 298 + 0x21
bytes C#
Gallio.dll!
Gallio.Framework.Pattern.PatternTestExecutor.RunTestInstance.AnonymousMethod
() Line 228 + 0x36 bytes C#
Gallio.dll!
Gallio.Framework.Pattern.PatternTestExecutor.RunTestInstance.AnonymousMethod
() Line 231 C#
Gallio.dll!Gallio.Framework.Pattern.PatternTestInstanceState.RunBody
() Line 397 + 0x11 bytes C#
Gallio.dll!
Gallio.Framework.Pattern.PatternTestInstanceActions..ctor.AnonymousMethod
(Gallio.Framework.Pattern.PatternTestInstanceState state =
{Gallio.Framework.Pattern.PatternTestInstanceState}) Line 56 + 0xe
bytes C#
Gallio.dll!
Gallio.Framework.Pattern.PatternTestInstanceActions.RunTestInstanceBody
(Gallio.Framework.Pattern.PatternTestInstanceState testInstanceState =
{Gallio.Framework.Pattern.PatternTestInstanceState}) Line 234 + 0x22
bytes C#
Gallio.dll!
Gallio.Framework.Pattern.PatternTestInstanceActions.RunTestInstanceBody
(Gallio.Framework.Pattern.PatternTestInstanceState testInstanceState =
{Gallio.Framework.Pattern.PatternTestInstanceState}) Line 234 + 0x22
bytes C#
Gallio.dll!
Gallio.Framework.Pattern.PatternTestInstanceActions.RunTestInstanceBody
(Gallio.Framework.Pattern.PatternTestInstanceState testInstanceState =
{Gallio.Framework.Pattern.PatternTestInstanceState}) Line 234 + 0x22
bytes C#
Gallio.dll!
Gallio.Framework.Pattern.PatternTestExecutor.DoRunTestInstanceBody.AnonymousMethod
() Line 574 + 0x2e bytes C#
Gallio.dll!Gallio.Framework.Sandbox.RunWithScope
(Gallio.Model.Logging.TestLogWriter testLogWriter =
{Gallio.Model.Logging.FallbackTestLogWriter},
Gallio.Concurrency.ThreadAbortScope scope =
{Gallio.Concurrency.ThreadAbortScope}, Gallio.Action action = {Method
= {Void <DoRunTestInstanceBody>b__46()}}, string description = "Body")
Line 361 + 0xd bytes C#
Gallio.dll!Gallio.Framework.Sandbox.Run
(Gallio.Model.Logging.TestLogWriter testLogWriter =
{Gallio.Model.Logging.FallbackTestLogWriter}, Gallio.Action action =
{Method = {Void <DoRunTestInstanceBody>b__46()}}, string description =
"Body") Line 338 + 0x18 bytes C#
Gallio.dll!
Gallio.Framework.Pattern.PatternTestExecutor.DoRunTestInstanceBody
(Gallio.Framework.TestContext context =
{Gallio.Framework.TestContext},
Gallio.Framework.Pattern.PatternTestInstanceState testInstanceState =
{Gallio.Framework.Pattern.PatternTestInstanceState}) Line 572 + 0x4c
bytes C#
Gallio.dll!
Gallio.Framework.Pattern.PatternTestExecutor.RunTestInstance
(Gallio.Model.Execution.ITestCommand testCommand =
{Debug_Performance_Test}, Gallio.Framework.TestContext primaryContext
= {Gallio.Framework.TestContext},
Gallio.Framework.Pattern.PatternTestState testState =
{Gallio.Framework.Pattern.PatternTestState},
Gallio.Framework.Data.IDataItem bindingItem =
{Gallio.Framework.Data.NullDataItem}, bool reusePrimaryTestStep =
true) Line 248 + 0x24 bytes C#
Gallio.dll!
Gallio.Framework.Pattern.PatternTestExecutor.RunTestInstances
(Gallio.Model.Execution.ITestCommand testCommand =
{Debug_Performance_Test}, Gallio.Framework.TestContext primaryContext
= {Gallio.Framework.TestContext},
Gallio.Framework.Pattern.PatternTestState testState =
{Gallio.Framework.Pattern.PatternTestState}, bool reusePrimaryTestStep
= true) Line 175 + 0x26 bytes C#
Gallio.dll!
Gallio.Framework.Pattern.PatternTestExecutor.RunTestBody.AnonymousMethod
() Line 146 + 0x53 bytes C#
Gallio.dll!
Gallio.Framework.Pattern.PatternTestExecutor.DoWithApartmentState
(System.Threading.ApartmentState apartmentState = Unknown,
Gallio.Action action = {Method = {Void <RunTestBody>b__4()}}) Line 654
C#
Gallio.dll!
Gallio.Framework.Pattern.PatternTestExecutor.RunTestBody.AnonymousMethod
() Line 114 + 0x3b bytes C#
Gallio.dll!Gallio.Framework.Sandbox.UseTimeout(System.TimeSpan?
timeout = {00:10:00}, Gallio.Action action = {Method = {Void
<RunTestBody>b__3()}}) Line 268 + 0xb bytes C#
Gallio.dll!
Gallio.Framework.Pattern.PatternTestExecutor.RunTestBody.AnonymousMethod
() Line 112 + 0x60 bytes C#
Gallio.dll!
Gallio.Framework.Pattern.PatternTestExecutor.DoWithProcessIsolation
(Gallio.Action action = {Method = {Void <RunTestBody>b__2()}}) Line
633 + 0xb bytes C#
Gallio.dll!Gallio.Framework.Pattern.PatternTestExecutor.RunTestBody
(Gallio.Model.Execution.ITestCommand testCommand =
{Debug_Performance_Test}, Gallio.Model.ITestStep parentTestStep =
{[Step] TestCase}, Gallio.Framework.Sandbox sandbox =
{Gallio.Framework.Sandbox},
Gallio.Framework.Pattern.PatternTestExecutor.PatternTestHandlerDecorator
testHandlerDecorator = {Method = {Gallio.Model.TestOutcome
<RunTestChildren>b__11(Gallio.Framework.Sandbox,
Gallio.Framework.Pattern.IPatternTestHandler ByRef)}},
Gallio.Framework.Pattern.PatternTest test = {[Test]
Debug_Performance_Test}) Line 164 C#
Gallio.dll!Gallio.Framework.Pattern.PatternTestExecutor.RunTest
(Gallio.Model.Execution.ITestCommand testCommand =
{Debug_Performance_Test}, Gallio.Model.ITestStep parentTestStep =
{[Step] TestCase}, Gallio.Framework.Sandbox parentSandbox =
{Gallio.Framework.Sandbox},
Gallio.Framework.Pattern.PatternTestExecutor.PatternTestHandlerDecorator
testHandlerDecorator = {Method = {Gallio.Model.TestOutcome
<RunTestChildren>b__11(Gallio.Framework.Sandbox,
Gallio.Framework.Pattern.IPatternTestHandler ByRef)}}) Line 83 + 0x24
bytes C#
Gallio.dll!
Gallio.Framework.Pattern.PatternTestExecutor.RunTestChildren.AnonymousMethod
() Line 349 + 0x2c bytes C#
Gallio.dll!
Gallio.Framework.Pattern.ParallelizableTestCaseScheduler.WorkSet.UnsyncRunPreparedAction
(Gallio.Action action = {Method = {Void <RunTestChildren>b__10()}})
Line 185 + 0xb bytes C#
Gallio.dll!
Gallio.Framework.Pattern.ParallelizableTestCaseScheduler.WorkSet.RunToCompletion
() Line 165 + 0xc bytes C#
Gallio.dll!
Gallio.Framework.Pattern.ParallelizableTestCaseScheduler.Run
(System.Collections.Generic.IList<Gallio.Action> actions =
{Gallio.Action[1]}) Line 53 C#
Gallio.dll!
Gallio.Framework.Pattern.PatternTestExecutor.RunTestChildren
(Gallio.Model.Execution.ITestCommand testCommand = {TestCase},
Gallio.Framework.Sandbox sandbox = {Gallio.Framework.Sandbox},
Gallio.Framework.Pattern.PatternTestInstanceState testInstanceState =
{Gallio.Framework.Pattern.PatternTestInstanceState}) Line 326 + 0xb2
bytes C#
Gallio.dll!
Gallio.Framework.Pattern.PatternTestExecutor.RunTestInstanceWithContext
(Gallio.Model.Execution.ITestCommand testCommand = {TestCase},
Gallio.Framework.TestContext context = {Gallio.Framework.TestContext},
Gallio.Framework.Pattern.PatternTestInstanceState testInstanceState =
{Gallio.Framework.Pattern.PatternTestInstanceState}) Line 302 + 0x55
[...]
timeout = null, Gallio.Action action = {Method = {Void
[...]
Gallio.Framework.Pattern.PatternTest test = {[Fixture] TestCase}) Line
164 C#
[...]
Gallio.Model.ITestStep parentTestStep = {[Step] MbUnit v3.0.6.683},
Gallio.Framework.Sandbox sandbox = {Gallio.Framework.Sandbox},
Gallio.Framework.Pattern.PatternTestExecutor.PatternTestHandlerDecorator
testHandlerDecorator = {Method = {Gallio.Model.TestOutcome
<RunTestChildren>b__11(Gallio.Framework.Sandbox,
Gallio.Framework.Pattern.IPatternTestHandler ByRef)}},
Gallio.Framework.Pattern.PatternTest test = {[Assembly] UnitTest})
Line 164 C#
[...]
(Gallio.Model.Execution.ITestCommand testCommand = {MbUnit
v3.0.6.683}, Gallio.Framework.Sandbox sandbox =
{Gallio.Framework.Sandbox},
Gallio.Framework.Pattern.PatternTestInstanceState testInstanceState =
{Gallio.Framework.Pattern.PatternTestInstanceState}) Line 326 + 0xb2
bytes C#
Gallio.dll!
Gallio.Framework.Pattern.PatternTestExecutor.RunTestInstanceWithContext
(Gallio.Model.Execution.ITestCommand testCommand = {MbUnit
v3.0.6.683}, Gallio.Framework.TestContext context =
[...]
v3.0.6.683}, Gallio.Framework.TestContext primaryContext =
[...]
v3.0.6.683}, Gallio.Model.ITestStep parentTestStep = {[Step] Root},
Gallio.Framework.Sandbox sandbox = {Gallio.Framework.Sandbox},
Gallio.Framework.Pattern.PatternTestExecutor.PatternTestHandlerDecorator
testHandlerDecorator = null, Gallio.Framework.Pattern.PatternTest test
= {[Framework] MbUnit v3.0.6.683}) Line 164 C#
Gallio.dll!Gallio.Framework.Pattern.PatternTestExecutor.RunTest
(Gallio.Model.Execution.ITestCommand testCommand = {MbUnit
v3.0.6.683}, Gallio.Model.ITestStep parentTestStep = {[Step] Root},
Gallio.Framework.Sandbox parentSandbox = {Gallio.Framework.Sandbox},
Gallio.Framework.Pattern.PatternTestExecutor.PatternTestHandlerDecorator
testHandlerDecorator = null) Line 83 + 0x24 bytes C#
Gallio.dll!
Gallio.Framework.Pattern.PatternTestController.RunTestsImpl
(Gallio.Model.Execution.ITestCommand rootTestCommand = {MbUnit
v3.0.6.683}, Gallio.Model.ITestStep parentTestStep = {[Step] Root},
Gallio.Model.Execution.TestExecutionOptions options =
{Gallio.Model.Execution.TestExecutionOptions},
Gallio.Runtime.ProgressMonitoring.IProgressMonitor progressMonitor =
{Gallio.Runtime.ProgressMonitoring.RemoteProgressMonitor}) Line 70 +
0x1c bytes C#
[...]

Corey

Feb 16, 2009, 5:18:13 PM2/16/09
to gallio-dev
Hmm that didn't work out so well. This is the MbUnit stack only.