Gaia V1.1 Beta - now with your choice of coordinates

Andrew Johnson

May 25, 2010, 7:36:18 PM5/25/10
to gaia-gps-for...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys,

Here is v1.1 beta of Gaia GPS.

The beta can be downloaded here or from the attachment: http://www.gaiagps.com/static/beta_builds/GaiaGPS-beta-dist.apk

This version includes the following changes:
  • coordinates can now be displayed in UTM/DMS/DDMS/MGRS/Decimal
  • the app will now select imperial/metric on first start-up based on your locale.
  • fixed a bug that would cause controls to flicker in and out on some phones
  • fixed a bug where map downloads might fail if a tile failed to load
Let us know if we have any bugs, and then we'll add release notes and ship it to the store. Waypoint-marking is due next week.

Regards,
Andrew

--
Andrew Johnson
GaiaGPS.com

Collin Kelly-Gordon

May 25, 2010, 7:44:24 PM5/25/10
to gaia-gps-for...@googlegroups.com

Awesome!!! Rock on!
Love the way this app is shaping up!

Dwight Sunwall

May 26, 2010, 12:16:18 PM5/26/10
to gaia-gps-for...@googlegroups.com
I uninstalled, then installed from the market.  version 1.0 (6).  now no maps show up at all no matter which one, cloudmade or Mytope. is selected.....  Everything else on my Droid is working fine.

Dwight Sunwall

May 26, 2010, 12:29:43 PM5/26/10
to gaia-gps-for...@googlegroups.com
well maybe the wifi I'm using is extremely slow today, finally something came in.

Andrew Johnson

May 26, 2010, 3:21:32 PM5/26/10
to gaia-gps-for...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

We made a slight update to the app and refreshed the bundle here: http://www.gaiagps.com/static/beta_builds/GaiaGPS-beta-dist.apk

We decided to get rid of the X boxes on the bottom stat labels, since the tabs serve the same purpose. We're thinking about bumping up the size of the text a bit though, and adding some more padding.

I'll push this to the Market today if I don't hear any complaints.

Regards,
Andrew
GaiaGPS-lite-dist.apk