FusionReactor JDBC wrapper for mysql 5 on CF8

ang1

Sep 17, 2007, 5:14:12 AM9/17/07
to FusionReactor
Hi all,

I'm trying to create a cfreactor wrapped datasource for mysql 5 on CF8
but I cannot find the right syntax here is what I tried: (and many
more :-) ).

JDBC url: jdbc:fusionreactor:wrapper:{jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/
mydb};driver=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
Driver Class: com.intergral.fusionreactor.jdbc.Wrapper
Driver Name: FusionReactor

I'm getting the following error: Connection verification failed for
data source: mydatasource_cfreactor
java.sql.SQLException: FusionReactor JDBC: [6] Wrapper - Driver class
com.mysql.jdbc.Driver could not be found and loaded.
The root cause was that: java.sql.SQLException: FusionReactor JDBC:
[6] Wrapper - Driver class com.mysql.jdbc.Driver could not be found
and loaded.

Note that I can successfully connect mysql using CF8 "MySQL (4/5)"
driver

Thanks in advance,
Angelos

Greg Spencer [FusionReactor Team]

Sep 18, 2007, 10:37:15 AM9/18/07
to FusionReactor
Hey Angelos,

The problem seems to be that, in CF8, the drivers are stored in a
different location and this can cause some classloader issues for
FusionReactor.

We have managed to get this working by moving the MySQL 4/5 driver JAR
from
ColdFusion8/lib/mysql-connector-java-5.0.5-bin.jar
ColdFusion8/runtime/servers/coldfusion/SERVER-INF/lib

You should set your JDBC URL to be:

jdbc:fusionreactor:wrapper:{jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/
mydb}driver=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver

Restart the CF8 service and see if that works. If it's still giving
you problems then please feel free to get back to us.

Kind Regards,

Greg
FusionReactor Team

ang1

Sep 20, 2007, 10:46:01 AM9/20/07
to FusionReactor

Hi Greg!

thanks for your reply! it worked !!! thanks a lot! :)

though we still have a small issue, one of the new features in CF8 was
that <cfquery> returns identity values when firing insert statement,
it seems that when wrapping the mysql driver with the fusionreactor,
this functionality doesn't work (CF complains that
result.generated_key is undefined).

You can check http://www.forta.com/blog/index.cfm/2007/7/6/ColdFusion-8-Can-Return-Identity-Values
for more on this new feature of CF8

Thanks again
Angelos

Greg Spencer [FusionReactor Team]

Sep 21, 2007, 4:59:33 AM9/21/07
to FusionReactor
Hey again,

Thanks for the update. I'm glad you get it working! As for the problem
with the identity values: We'll be looking into that as soon as
possible.

Kind Regards,

Greg
FusionReactor Team

On Sep 20, 4:46 pm, ang1 <angel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Greg!
>
> thanks for your reply! it worked !!! thanks a lot! :)
>
> though we still have a small issue, one of the new features in CF8 was
> that <cfquery> returns identity values when firing insert statement,
> it seems that when wrapping the mysql driver with the fusionreactor,
> this functionality doesn't work (CF complains that
> result.generated_key is undefined).
>

> You can checkhttp://www.forta.com/blog/index.cfm/2007/7/6/ColdFusion-8-Can-Return-...

Darren Pywell

Sep 21, 2007, 3:43:22 PM9/21/07
to FusionReactor
Angelos,

Thanks for the update and the information about the identity issue.
We'll check out the issue and let you know what we find.

Darren

On Sep 20, 4:46 pm, ang1 <angel...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Greg!
>
> thanks for your reply! it worked !!! thanks a lot! :)
>
> though we still have a small issue, one of the new features in CF8 was
> that <cfquery> returns identity values when firing insert statement,
> it seems that when wrapping the mysql driver with the fusionreactor,
> this functionality doesn't work (CF complains that
> result.generated_key is undefined).
>

> You can checkhttp://www.forta.com/blog/index.cfm/2007/7/6/ColdFusion-8-Can-Return-...

Rich

Oct 1, 2007, 6:37:06 AM10/1/07
to FusionReactor
Hi Angelos,
I'm having a bit of trouble recreating the problem.
I'm using CF8 and MySQL Server 5.
If you could e-mail any differences to sup...@fusion-reactor.com
that would be great.

Thanks,

Rich
FusionReactor Team.

Nick Gleason

Oct 1, 2007, 8:48:27 PM10/1/07
to fusion...@googlegroups.com
Hello FR Community.

We currently log into our servers remotely to view the FR management
interfaces. It would be great if we could view this from a remote web page
that was password protected. That would allow us to not have to log in to
the servers every time we want to check out FR metrics. Is this possible?

We have other software that runs on our servers that we have made viewable
by opening a port on the firewall. Is there a similar opportunity with FR?

Best,

Nick

Greg Spencer [FusionReactor Team]

Oct 4, 2007, 4:34:11 AM10/4/07
to FusionReactor
Hey Nick,

I'm not quite sure how to answer this one as the whole of the
FusionReactor administrator is a web interface which can be viewed
remotely (password protected). If I've misunderstood your question
then please let me know.

The standard way to access FusionReactor is by putting the following
URL into a browser window:
http://[your server]:8088/fusionreactor/

This is what you get if you double-click on the launch icons which are
created on install. If you open this port up then you will be able to
access it from anywhere.

If you don't want to open up any ports then you can also access
FusionReactor over your existing CF web port with a URL like this:
http://[your server]/fusionreactor/

By default both of these options are enabled when you install FR but,
in case you have disabled them, you can get to the associated settings
from the FusionReactor Settings page. (FusionReactor -> Settings from
the TOC.)

You're probably already aware of this, but instead of logging into
multiple servers in order to check on then, you can also add multiple
servers into your Enterprise Dashboard and use that to monitor them
all from a single location. You'll see graphs and statistics relating
to any machines you have added.

I hope that has answered your question. If not then please let us
know.

Kind Regards,

Greg
FusionReactor Team

Nick Gleason

Oct 4, 2007, 2:17:16 PM10/4/07
to fusion...@googlegroups.com
Hello FR Community,

Over the last few days, we've been seeing a situation where the CPU on one
of our servers periodically goes from normal levels to 100% or close to it
and then seems to get "stuck" at that level until a full server reboot is
done (not just a CF restart).

We would like to pinpoint the exact time that this happens with the help of
FR, but we have found that the CPU utilization numbers in FR do not reflect
that levels that we are seeing in Task Manager on the server. That is, the
FR levels seem normal (e.g. 30-50%) while task manager is pegged on 100%.

Any idea why this would be happening, why FR wouldn't be correctly
reflecting the CPU numbers on the server? Perhaps that is a hint that we
can use to track down the performance issues.

Best,

Nick

Greg Spencer [FusionReactor Team]

Oct 5, 2007, 4:01:25 AM10/5/07
to FusionReactor
Hey again Nick,

The simple answer to your question is that the CPU monitor within
FusionReactor is monitoring the CPU usage of ColdFusion whereas the
CPU monitor on the task bar is monitoring the CPU usage for the whole
server. The values you are seeing are correct, but they do not
represent the same thing so they are unlikely to ever show the same
value. (An instance of CF, even if it is very busy, still has to share
CPU with other processes running on that server.)

If the CPU problem you are seeing is due to a CF page then you should
still be able to use FusionReactor in various ways in order to help.
For example, in my experience the CPU value tends to fluctuate quite a
lot. If you have a process which is hogging CPU then I'd expect the
value to stabilize at a high value. Also, if a page was stuck in some
kind of loop then you'd likely see it as a long running request.

I hope that helps.

Kind Regards,

Greg
FusionReactor Team

Nick Gleason

Oct 8, 2007, 3:59:36 AM10/8/07
to fusion...@googlegroups.com
Greg,

Thanks for your response. As a quick follow up, the process in Task Manager
that seems to be hogging up CPU in my inquiry below is java.exe. Initially,
I assumed that process was related to ColdFusion running. However, now I am
not so sure.

So, my follow up question is whether CF will only display as Jrun.exe in the
Task Manager processes or whether it will also display java.exe. The answer
to that question will help us understand whether an application other than
CF is causing these CPU usage issues that we are experiencing. Do you know
the answer to this question?

Best regards,

Nick

Rich

Oct 8, 2007, 8:57:31 AM10/8/07
to FusionReactor
Hi Everyone.
I've tried to recreate this problem using FR 2.0.4, MySQL 5.0.41,
MySQL 5.0.24 and MS SQL Server 2005.
I've also tried using CF8 Single and Multi Server. However I am unable
to re-create this problem at the moment.
Angelos has said that this is not a priority for him, but if anyone
else runs into this problem let us know and we
will have another go!

Sorry for any inconvenience this might cause you,
Rich

Bernd Donath [FusionReactor Team]

Oct 8, 2007, 11:42:37 AM10/8/07
to FusionReactor
Hi Nick,

if ColdFusion resp. JRun is started the regular way on Windows two
processes are associated to one server instance: one process is named
jrunsvc.exe (the JRun Service Controller) which spawns a child process
named jrun.exe (the JRun JAR Launcher). If another process named
java.exe is hogging up you CPU I recommend to use a tool like Process
Explorer to find out more details. It is available for free at the
following URL:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/ProcessesAndThreads/ProcessExplorer.mspx

If you highlight a process in this tool you can display the belonging
handles and loaded DLLs. This makes it easy to find out which is the
Java application of a 'java.exe' process.