Funtoo Forums!

Daniel Robbins

Oct 7, 2010, 4:11:22 PM10/7/10
to funtoo development mailing list
Hi All,

Just wanted to announce the Funtoo Forums, which are now available for
use at http://forums.funtoo.org. Please create an account and enjoy
them. I hope that they will become a great resource for Funtoo users.

Rather than try to make everything perfect, I decided to just launch
them today and work on them gradually -- updating CSS, adding more
things, etc.

MANY THANKS TO: Piotr Karbowski (slashbeast) has been a great help in
getting these set up, and I also want to thank Víctor Román Archidona
for providing hosting for forums. Thank you both!!!! :)

Best Regards,

Daniel

d2_racing

Oct 7, 2010, 4:22:38 PM10/7/10
to Funtoo
Hi Daniel, it's a great news :P

Guy Fontaine

Oct 7, 2010, 4:40:09 PM10/7/10
to funto...@googlegroups.com
Glad to learn it is now online. I go and create an account right now.

Gy Fontaine

Jacob Todd

Oct 7, 2010, 7:25:55 PM10/7/10
to funto...@googlegroups.com

Is there an OTW?

Sergey Zolotorev

Oct 7, 2010, 8:27:05 PM10/7/10
to funto...@googlegroups.com
Good news. I've posted a message about Funtoo Forums in Gentoo forum
of Russian unixforum.org. It has people which use Funtoo Linux on
their boxes.

--
Sergey Zolotorev

d2_racing

Oct 8, 2010, 12:28:11 AM10/8/10
to Funtoo
Every awesome forum needs an Off The Wall section :P

Erick Michau

Oct 8, 2010, 2:39:19 AM10/8/10
to funto...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 6:28 AM, d2_racing <d2rac...@gmail.com> wrote:
Every awesome forum needs an Off The Wall section :P

That is indeed very good news!

Good job the funtoo team :)

Tonko Mulder

Oct 8, 2010, 4:40:00 AM10/8/10
to funto...@googlegroups.com
When I try to register I get an error in my mailserver that says the
following: Send address rejected: Domain not found;
from=<for...@forums.localdomain>

I would guess that one needs changing ;-)

--
Tonko Mulder

Message has been deleted

Ioannis Aslanidis

Oct 8, 2010, 11:42:03 AM10/8/10
to funto...@googlegroups.com
Hey Daniel,

Although I normally do not have time for much, I think that I can give
you a hand moderating the forums, after doing so in Gento for over 5
years.

Let me know if you need a hand.

Regards!

> --

Ioannis Aslanidis

Daniel Robbins

Oct 8, 2010, 12:54:35 PM10/8/10
to funto...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 4:17 AM, strowi <str...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Got the same error here after waiting for the registratin mail:
>

> postfix/smtpd[28510]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from
> forums.funtoo.org[188.165.167.210]: 450 in>: Sender address rejected:

> Domain not found; from=<for...@forums.localdomain>
> to=<for...@hasnoname.de> proto=ESM

Thanks for alerting me to this - I have fixed our mail server
configuration and everything should now be good. Check your inbox, and
you should have the mail. (I used a SMTP rewrite rule to redeem the
bogus mails and make them OK again) If not, use the password reset
feature.

Regards,

Daniel

Martin 'golodhrim' Scholz

Oct 8, 2010, 8:11:33 PM10/8/10
to funto...@googlegroups.com

Hi Daniel,

if needed I would like to offer my help in moderating too.

Greetings

--
Martin 'golodhrim' Scholz
Auf dem Sattler 4

Toddlers are the stormtroopers of the Lord of Entropy.

netcelli

Oct 9, 2010, 2:30:20 AM10/9/10
to Funtoo
Great forums. I can help with skin :)

d2_racing

Oct 11, 2010, 11:51:32 AM10/11/10
to Funtoo
Yeah, I would like to offer my help in moderating too :P

Daniel Robbins

Oct 12, 2010, 12:12:58 PM10/12/10
to funto...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Oct 9, 2010 at 12:30 AM, netcelli <netc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Great forums. I can help with skin :)

I would love help with the skin - everything below the funtoo logo.
Everything above the funtoo logo is something I am already working
on...

-Daniel

Daniel Robbins

Oct 12, 2010, 12:13:53 PM10/12/10
to funto...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 9:51 AM, d2_racing <d2rac...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yeah, I would like to offer my help in moderating too :P

Right now, we don't need any moderators, just people posting and
supporting other users. As the forums grow, we may recruit another
moderator or two.

HINT: Post info about Win7/Dell MBR wipe to the new "Hardware
Compatibility" section :)

Regards,

Daniel

Daniel Robbins

Oct 12, 2010, 12:14:31 PM10/12/10
to funto...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 9:42 AM, Ioannis Aslanidis <asla...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey Daniel,
>
> Although I normally do not have time for much, I think that I can give
> you a hand moderating the forums, after doing so in Gento for over 5
> years.
>
> Let me know if you need a hand.

OK, we will let you know. For now, we are OK. As the forums grow, we
may need help.

Regards,

Daniel

d2_racing

Oct 12, 2010, 9:51:41 PM10/12/10
to Funtoo
On 12 oct, 12:13, Daniel Robbins <drobb...@funtoo.org> wrote:
> HINT: Post info about Win7/Dell MBR wipe to the new "Hardware
> Compatibility" section :)
>
> Regards,
>
> Daniel

Ok, it's done :P

Pedro Francisco

Oct 20, 2010, 5:43:29 AM10/20/10
to funto...@googlegroups.com
I was gonna say this was the first phpBB which didn't hurt my eyes a bit
but then I saw this was something called FluxBB.

/me likes :)

--
Pedro

dimone

Oct 21, 2010, 1:15:32 AM10/21/10
to funto...@googlegroups.com
20.10.2010 15:43, Pedro Francisco пишет:

> I was gonna say this was the first phpBB which didn't hurt my eyes a bit
> but then I saw this was something called FluxBB.
>
> /me likes :)

there is another site having clean look'n'feel - www.calculate-linux.org
THIS IS NOT A COMMERCIAL ;-)