FRUGOS in Boulder--11/14 6PM Old Chicago's Pizza

br...@thetimoneygroup.com

Nov 7, 2006, 11:43:43 AM11/7/06
to Front Range Users of Geospatial Open Source
All:

After the elections and before the holiday crunch, we're going to have
a get-together next Tuesday the 14th in Boulder...

Where: Old Chicago's Pizza, 11th & Pearl (Pearl St. Mall, downtown
Boulder)

When: 6PM

What: Pizza and beer

What else: What else? OK, at 6:45PM we're going to do 15-20 minutes
on "Geospatial Open Source on a Stick" alternatively titled "How to get
started with open source without installing anything on your C:\
drive." We'll run through some quick demos of doing some raster/vector
processing using FWTools (specifically the GDAL/OGR libraries), as well
as make an actual map using QGIS all off of a USB thumb drive. Feel
free to bring your laptop and a USB stick (1GB should be fine) and hack
along. (You'll be able to plug in your laptop, but, alas, no
wireless).

But the major point is to get together for conversation and sustenance.

See you there,

Brian

p.s. For those not feeling geographically advantaged by the Boulder
location, we hope to do something in January in downtown Denver--think
of it as a moveable feast.