Frescobaldi on Mac?

istlota

Mar 7, 2009, 3:46:13 PM3/7/09
to Frescobaldi
I have previously used JEdit's plugin for Lilypond on Windows XP. And,
after I migrated to a MAC Mini, I started using the Smultron editor
which has support for Lilypond. But, from what I have read when
browsing the net, it sounds like Frescobaldi and Rumour have a lot
more features for Lilypond users.

But, alas, neither Frescobaldi or Rumour appear to have a MAC OSX
port.

To use Frescobaldi and Rumour, is my only option going to be to dual-
boot my MAC and run Ubuntu and KDE on another partition? I was
checking into the Fink software which runs linux apps on top of MAC
OSX, but its online package support database does not list Frescobaldi
or Rumour.

Wilbert Berendsen

Mar 9, 2009, 5:40:38 AM3/9/09
to fresc...@googlegroups.com, istlota
Op zaterdag 07 maart 2009, schreef istlota:

> I have previously used JEdit's plugin for Lilypond on Windows XP. And,
> after I migrated to a MAC Mini, I started using the Smultron editor
> which has support for Lilypond. But, from what I have read when
> browsing the net, it sounds like Frescobaldi and Rumour have a lot
> more features for Lilypond users.
>
> But, alas, neither Frescobaldi or Rumour appear to have a MAC OSX
> port.

Rumor is Linux-only (it uses OSS or ALSA for Midi).

For Frescobaldi my goal is to support all platforms supported by KDE. As soon
as PyKDE4 becomes available in the windows and mac ports of KDE, Frescobaldi
should be able to run there too...

best regards,
Wilbert Berendsen

--