API Key

Arthur Agapoff

Oct 10, 2010, 5:45:50 AM10/10/10
to freeso...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

One thing I can't remember if it was written or not:
If people use my freesound queries based application from their computer, do they have to subscribe and get their own API key? I don't think so.
I mean If they download one ore more sound files, do they need to have their own freesound User Id/password?
If not, you won't be able to keep track of their downloads made through my application.
This could be seen as some kind of "leakage"...

Thank you for clarifying my thoughts ;)

Have you all a good 10-10-10

Best regards,
Arthur, from France.

KarPbo
, le convertisseur Midi -> audio+karaoké gratuit
http://artagap.free.fr/karpbo/index.htm

Bram de Jong

Oct 10, 2010, 6:33:07 AM10/10/10
to freeso...@googlegroups.com
Hello Arthur,

right now this is exactly what would happen, i.e. the downloads would not register. I think in the future we will plan to have a 3-legged authentication ( probably oauth ). This would allow the user of the API to let users "log in" to freesound via his app and "act as a user".

You probably have seen similar things with flickr and facebook.

 - bram

Arthur Agapoff

Oct 10, 2010, 7:59:47 AM10/10/10
to freeso...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Bram,

So I think I understood well the underlying issue.
My users would have to "sign" the creative commons and login through my app.
Now, that's clear.

I don't use flickr and I can't see what you mean with Facebook but anyway, I'm looking forward for more on this subject.
Don't worry, my app isn't ready at all :)

Arthur.