Linux Course Starting Today

1 view

jamesmi...@googlemail.com

May 6, 2009, 4:59:12 AM5/6/09
to Free Software Conference
Hey all,
We are going to start with a daily linux course today in Prishtina.
The time is not fixed, but should be after 12.
It will be for free, and we will train up the team to help with the flossk.org projects.

Please let me know when the best time will be for you.

The location will be at Besim's Training Facilities near the University/Hospital

Gazmend Zajmi 34
100 Meters below the University Illiria.

just give me a call if you want to come.

 ++386 (49)  172 368

  please invite all your friends. we want to get young people who have only msn experience and turn them into real hackers.

mike

Arian Muharremi

May 6, 2009, 5:31:11 AM5/6/09
to free-softwar...@googlegroups.com
I would love to attend, but unfortunately I work everyday, at least until 18:00.
However, it would be great if you could publish any course materials you may have as the course advances

Thanks
--
L I I A M R

jamesmi...@googlemail.com

May 6, 2009, 6:13:16 AM5/6/09
to free-softwar...@googlegroups.com
ok
so after 18:30 will be good for you?
of course we are going to make youtube videos of the course.
mike

Valon Hoti

May 6, 2009, 6:34:41 AM5/6/09
to free-softwar...@googlegroups.com
Nice,
also we may publish it into http://www.albalinux.org
where you can find another info too.
--
Valon Hoti
http://www.it-department-ltd.net

jamesmi...@googlemail.com

May 6, 2009, 6:35:50 AM5/6/09
to free-softwar...@googlegroups.com
Ok, so the plan is after work at 18:30.

jamesmi...@googlemail.com

May 6, 2009, 6:40:02 AM5/6/09
to free-softwar...@googlegroups.com
sure of course.
all of the conference work that I do is available under the gnu free documentation license.
just make sure you cite references.
also, we are going to do this dynamically
so that we update the plans as we go along.
mike

Arian Muharremi

May 6, 2009, 7:37:35 AM5/6/09
to free-softwar...@googlegroups.com
Ok. splendid.
So, do we start today?

Ardian ITsupport

May 6, 2009, 7:57:41 AM5/6/09
to free-softwar...@googlegroups.com
yes we will start today at 18:30

krenar rexhepi

May 6, 2009, 8:04:34 AM5/6/09
to free-softwar...@googlegroups.com
ok im very intrested about course.

On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 1:57 PM, Ardian ITsupport <ard1a...@gmail.com> wrote:
yes we will start today at 18:30

--
Krenar Rexhepi
mob: +386 (0) 49 112 505

Arian Muharremi

May 6, 2009, 8:33:37 AM5/6/09
to free-softwar...@googlegroups.com
I'm having trouble figuring out where the course is going to be held.
I've read the address Mike gave us:

"The location will be at Besim's Training Facilities near the University/Hospital

Gazmend Zajmi 34
100 Meters below the University Illiria."

But that part crowded with houses.
If anyone could draw a "map" it would be great. Or even better just take a Print Screen with Google Maps/Earth and highlight the place.

Thanks

Ardian ITsupport

May 6, 2009, 8:38:18 AM5/6/09
to free-softwar...@googlegroups.com
im not sure to where it is but try a search on google map and Call Mike He give us the nummber

Shkumbin Brestovci

May 6, 2009, 8:56:47 AM5/6/09
to free-softwar...@googlegroups.com
It's in the San Francisco street, Aktash, but we still don't have a confirmation for the time 18:30 is tentatively
Bresta

Arian Muharremi

May 6, 2009, 10:31:02 AM5/6/09
to free-softwar...@googlegroups.com
Now I'm confused a little.
Today course is going to be held from 18:30?!

jamesmi...@googlemail.com

May 6, 2009, 11:17:34 AM5/6/09
to free-softwar...@googlegroups.com
I am here and setup and waiting for you.
the location iis ;

Information Developer Initiative
RR. Gazmend Zajmi Mr 34
Prishtina
www.idi-ks.org
038 249 130

call me if you have a problem.
mike

vetima

May 6, 2009, 2:22:31 PM5/6/09
to Free Software Conference

Hi Mike,
ich moechte auch Linux loernnen. Koennen Sie bitte sagen, wenn die
andre stunde uber Linux ist?
Mein e-mail ist: vdab...@hotmail.com

von Veton

JamesMi...@googlemail.com

May 7, 2009, 5:11:31 AM5/7/09
to Free Software Conference, vetima
Hi,
thanks to everyone for your interest
the plan is :

Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 19-21h.

If we get too many people, we might do another one during the day.
Also we will be starting a train the trainers program on saturdays for
4 hours..
please register on our social network http://sfk2009.ning.com/ there
you can interact in a better way we can setup our course rooms etc.
thanks,
mike

F.R.

May 7, 2009, 11:48:51 AM5/7/09
to Free Software Conference
Hi there,
I wold love being part of your training, basically it will be good of
help with my job position.
But the problem is my work schedule i work till 16:00 every working
day, so if is any possibility after 18:00 ore Saturday - Sunday will
be much beater.
I yest have the invitation from a friend about your Web, i still
didn't check all details, but all i know till now what i sow is that
this kinds of programs - trainings youth people of Kosovo needs a lot
(there are not to many possibilities for most of them).

i will go cheerfully throe your web and inform my colleagues at job,
at University and my friends to.

Best Regards.

jamesmi...@googlemail.com

May 7, 2009, 1:25:17 PM5/7/09
to free-softwar...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,
the courses are at night for people who have to work.
from 19:00-21:00, monday, wednesday and friday.
We are going to have an advanced course on the weekend as well.
please tell all your friends, if we get too many people, we will have to find a bigger place or get more scheduled dates.

Can someone please bring a video camera and record the session? Mine broke, I wil bring it anyway a Panasonic miniDV cam and tripod.

let me know when you have time and what times are good for you.
I am willing to take the time for the young and talented people of kosova, and I hope that
more people will start to offer more linux courses.

I have also asked some of the cd shops to download linux torrents and burn them for me
you know you get use linux 100% legally?? The cd shops can burn them and sell them legally.
here are some of the torrents you should get :
http://torrent.ubuntu.com:6969/
the one I would suggest for a windows user is :
7ac58d795d78700f582fe5e39a795a5ecd465f45kubuntu-9.04-desktop-i386.iso695MiB 58674106.79GiB

http://torrent.ubuntu.com:6969/file?info_hash=z%C5%8Dy%5Dxp%0FX/%E5%E3%9AyZ%5E%CDF_E

please cany you guys tell all your local cd shops to start downloading and burning them
we need them for the course. if everyone gets a live cd we can just run the course off of that without installing.

mike

Edonit Rexhepi

May 7, 2009, 1:57:56 PM5/7/09
to Free Software Conference
I'm interested to come, but in an another time, early than in 19:00,
because I have to travel from Gjilan. Please let me know if there are
other people interested to come in another time.

jamesmi...@googlemail.com

May 7, 2009, 5:07:38 PM5/7/09
to free-softwar...@googlegroups.com
hey edonit,
i was in gilan last saturday for fishing
very nice.
we can have another course on the same days
but we need to find a time and more people. I have some other people who want a new time.
let me know what would be good for you.
we also have an advanced course on saturday.
mike

Edonit Rexhepi

May 10, 2009, 5:11:48 PM5/10/09
to Free Software Conference
Hi, I would like to come today (on monday) from 19:00, and I wanted to
ask if it's possible? I know that you already started from this time.
I would like to try if this time will be good for me, cause my brother
would like to come too, and he will drive the car, so I can come at
this time?

JamesMi...@googlemail.com

May 10, 2009, 5:15:47 PM5/10/09
to Free Software Conference
please use our group here for all course infos

http://sfk2009.ning.com/group/linuxcourse

I just posted
http://sfk2009.ning.com/group/linuxcourse/forum/topics/schedule-monday-wednesday

On monday we have europe day, a public holiday so there will be no
course.
only an online one.

Besian

May 11, 2009, 8:00:54 PM5/11/09
to Free Software Conference
Are the courses organised only in Prishtina ,because i am from Ferizaj
and i want to paticipate in the course

On May 6, 10:59 am, "jamesmikedup...@googlemail.com"
<jamesmikedup...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hey all,
> We are going to start with a daily linux course today in Prishtina.
> The time is not fixed, but should be after 12.
> It will be for free, and we will train up the team to help with the
> flossk.org projects.
>
> Please let me know when the best time will be for you.
>
> The location will be at Besim's Training Facilities near the
> University/Hospital
>
> Gazmend Zajmi 34
> 100 Meters below the University Illiria.
>
> just give me a call if you want to come.
>
> *  *++386 (49)  172 368  please invite all your friends. we want to get

jamesmi...@googlemail.com

May 12, 2009, 2:41:18 AM5/12/09
to free-softwar...@googlegroups.com, avni....@gmail.com, gemb....@teldevgroup.com
we are training the trainers so that they may offer courses in all of kosovo.
see the mail on this list for that topic.
I am personally planning to start a new course in prizren.

there is also a regional outreach program for Ferizaj that we just started.
we need to put together a team there.

if we can find a place, and a time maybe the trainers can start you guys up soon with the first lessons.

mike

p0w...@gmail.com

May 21, 2009, 9:13:23 AM5/21/09
to Free Software Conference
Hi all,
I'm Arditi, owner of albanianwizard.org (cs student, i have some
experience as a NOC coordinator , pen-testing&auditing, assembly
programming etc)
First of all congratulations for your initiative, and it is so cool to
have some linux folks , (i'm using fedora right now, before slackware
\open-suse and fccu :D)
I live in italy/milano, if i have the chance i will be there for sure.
ps, m1k3, take it easy with the msn <<==>> hacker transformation :P
btw R.Stallman will be there?
Have a nice free software conference

Arditi