Karmic release: Party time...

Shkumbin Brestovci

Sep 28, 2009, 5:21:20 PM9/28/09
to free-softwar...@googlegroups.com

Milot Shala

Sep 29, 2009, 4:25:50 AM9/29/09
to free-softwar...@googlegroups.com
We should have one!

On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 11:21 PM, Shkumbin Brestovci <bre...@gmail.com> wrote:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KarmicReleaseParties

Are we having a party?

--
Milot Shala
gtalk: milot...@gmail.com
blog: http://www.codespartan.org/blog/

Gent Thaqi

Sep 29, 2009, 7:00:49 AM9/29/09
to free-softwar...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I would like.

A idea is to make a Download Fest, Install Fest and Trying it out!

Milot Shala

Sep 29, 2009, 7:07:51 AM9/29/09
to free-softwar...@googlegroups.com
Here is my list of suggestions for a party:

  • Two or more machines (desktops, laptops) with Ubuntu pre-installed, for non-Ubuntu users to see how it works
  • Some nice t-shirts with ubuntu logo
  • Snacks
  • Drinks (Alcoholic, non-alcoholic)
  • Good music
  • Some of us that use Ubuntu on daily basis, to show new users how to use it, show them new features etc.
  • But not to make a conference-like party, but a real party with Ubuntu in mind and communicating about it in a friendly manner, not someone to talk and others to listen.
  • Probably one of documentaries about open source software in the end who would like to watch them: Revolution OS or The Code

Download fest: yes.
Install fest: no. Because no one will bring their personal computers for us to install Ubuntu, first they must be comfortable with it, then we should think on having install fests.

We tried to have an install fest once, but without success.

jamesmi...@googlemail.com

Sep 29, 2009, 8:13:07 AM9/29/09
to free-softwar...@googlegroups.com
Hi
one thing is missing from the list :

CDS/DVDS
or a CD burner to burn them on the fly.

Also you can at least offer an installation. Call it formatizur.
you can charge 7 euros for that :)

Even if you think no one will want it, you can at least ask.

mike

Milot Shala

Sep 29, 2009, 8:29:23 AM9/29/09
On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 2:13 PM, jamesmi...@googlemail.com <jamesmi...@googlemail.com> wrote:

Hi
one thing is missing from the list :

CDS/DVDS
or a CD burner to burn them on the fly.

Yes, we can buy empty CDs and burn them there.

Also you can at least offer an installation. Call it formatizur.
you can charge 7 euros for that :)

I think it is more appropriate to do this for free.

Even if you think no one will want it, you can at least ask.

you are right.

mike

Gent Thaqi

Sep 29, 2009, 8:54:52 AM9/29/09
to Free Software Conference
Even I am checking these web-sites I can't see any date of the Karmic
Release so I would like to know the date because can be late to do
something same like SFD 09 in Prishtina.

best regards,
Gent Thaçi

Milot Shala

Sep 29, 2009, 9:08:47 AM9/29/09
to free-softwar...@googlegroups.com
http://www.ubuntu.com/testing/karmic/alpha6

This is an alpha release. Do not install it on production machines. The final stable version will be released on October 29th, 2009.

Selimaj, Agron

Sep 29, 2009, 9:28:59 AM9/29/09
to free-softwar...@googlegroups.com
Is our party going to be on the karmic release day, Thursday, October 29th, 2009?
What time?
Where?

Sep 29, 2009, 11:30:34 AM9/29/09
to free-softwar...@googlegroups.com
We can do it on a weekend because most of us are in schools and some are even in another city so what do you think saturday? or sunday?

Valdrin Maliqi

Sep 29, 2009, 12:54:29 PM9/29/09
to free-softwar...@googlegroups.com
We should promote that with posters and blogs ,so anyone can be informed about that .

Leonardo G. De Luca

Sep 30, 2009, 2:04:44 AM9/30/09
On Tuesday 29 September 2009 08:07:51 Milot Shala wrote:
> Download fest: yes.

I used to use Ubuntu and, at least in previous releases, getting an ISO on the
actual day of the release was a PITA, so keep that in mind if you plan to
have the party that very Thursday.

--
No al canon digital.
--

signature.asc

Heroid Shehu

Sep 30, 2009, 3:46:15 AM9/30/09
to free-softwar...@googlegroups.com
We can do it on the weekend because then we have the discs burned and the isos also...

Selimaj, Agron

Oct 2, 2009, 1:56:05 PM10/2/09
to free-softwar...@googlegroups.com