QGis job, anyone interested

jamesmi...@googlemail.com

Feb 3, 2010, 4:26:17 AM2/3/10
to Free Software Conference
I have gotten a request for someone who knows how to use qgis, the
free gis tool for linux. I have done some work in it, but they would
like someone in kosovo.

anyone interested?

mike

jamesmi...@googlemail.com

Feb 3, 2010, 6:53:52 AM2/3/10
to Free Software Conference
Needed:

GIS operator for a 7 months project in Dragash !

Things to do:
- consolidate (integrate, correct) existing GIS information
- process other available cartographic information
- acquire original geo-referenced field data
- draft plans - scenarios of zonings, water management projects, etc.
- produce maps and graphics
- do some spatial analysis, develop linked tools (photos, web)

Proven knowledge of any GIS tool and OpenSource savvyness should be
sufficient qualification.

Big thing for an aducated talent who wants to invest in this career.

Valdrin Maliqi

Feb 4, 2010, 8:37:30 AM2/4/10
to Free Software Conference
What qualifications are needed?

On Feb 3, 12:53 pm, "jamesmikedup...@googlemail.com"

<jamesmikedup...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Needed:
>
>  GIS operator for a 7 months project in Dragash !
>
> Things to do:
> - consolidate (integrate, correct) existing GIS information
> - process other available cartographic information
> - acquire original geo-referenced field data
> - draft plans - scenarios of zonings, water management projects, etc.
> - produce maps and graphics
> - do some spatial analysis, develop linked tools (photos, web)
>
> Proven knowledge of any GIS tool and OpenSource savvyness should be
> sufficient qualification.
>
> Big thing for an aducated talent who wants to invest in this career.
>

> On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 10:26 AM, jamesmikedup...@googlemail.com

Gent Thaçi

Feb 4, 2010, 8:53:03 AM2/4/10
to free-softwar...@googlegroups.com
Knowing to use QGIS

Best Regards,
Gent Thaçi
FLOSS Kosova

jamesmi...@googlemail.com

Feb 4, 2010, 9:00:45 AM2/4/10
to free-softwar...@googlegroups.com
Yes, but I am sure that you can be trained.
The guy will be visiting you at IDI on Feb 11 at IDI.

Qgis is a great tool and I can suggest to you all to start learning
how to use it.
mike

Valdrin Maliqi

Feb 4, 2010, 9:03:12 AM2/4/10
to free-softwar...@googlegroups.com
Great so we will meet him , thanks a lot for this information Mike , very important for the flosskies.

Valdrin Maliqi

Feb 4, 2010, 9:16:13 AM2/4/10
to free-softwar...@googlegroups.com
Mike , can you provide me with a link to get QGis? I tried in SourceForge and other but there are some problems while downloading.

jamesmi...@googlemail.com

Feb 4, 2010, 9:18:51 AM2/4/10
to free-softwar...@googlegroups.com

Valdrin Maliqi

Feb 4, 2010, 9:20:17 AM2/4/10
to free-softwar...@googlegroups.com
Thanks.. Trying...

jamesmi...@googlemail.com

Feb 4, 2010, 9:41:16 AM2/4/10
to free-softwar...@googlegroups.com
You will need postgres 8.3 and postgis to use it.
Also osm2pgsql to load osm data into the database.
let me know if you have any problems. I have done this many times.

you will also find videos online :
http://video.google.de/videosearch?q=qgis#

mike

Valdrin Maliqi

Feb 4, 2010, 9:45:25 AM2/4/10
to free-softwar...@googlegroups.com
well I have non of the apps needed for
Qgis so I must take all the software from the begining .