browsing and running codetalks examples

David Bolter

Oct 11, 2008, 12:26:34 AM10/11/08
to Free ARIA Community
Hi All,

Right now we have:
A source browsing site: http://svn.codetalks.org/repos/trunk/
Live site for running examples in browser: http://codetalks.org/source/
(based on trunk)

We can have emails sent automatically when the source repository is
updated...

Anyways this is just a quick status email... what do people think of
this setup? I wasn't sure about "/source" for the live site...

cheers,
David

Eitan Isaacson

Oct 13, 2008, 12:07:05 PM10/13/08
to free...@googlegroups.com
Thanks David!

"source" is fine, it could also be "demos".

Just a thought: Could the HTML files that are displayed also show their
last changed SVN revision? That way automated tests could raise a
warning if they are dealing with pages they were not recorded against.
It should be in an easily locatable place, like the beginning or the end
of the doc with a distinct ID or class name, like "svnRevision".

I could hack that up once I have SVN access. Just need a yay or nay.

Cheers!

David Bolter

Oct 14, 2008, 3:05:39 PM10/14/08
to Free ARIA Community
I like the revision idea, and you can use that keyword substitution
technique you found. BTW I've set up a cron job to update the /source
from svn every ten minutes (untested). I have a post-commit hook that
can email on commits events... perhaps we should set up a list for
people that want this? I'm fighting a file ownership/permissions
problem that seems to prevent the post-commit hook updating /source
(thus the crob job). Sorry, running around a bit today...

cheers,
David