Nokia Set-top Boxes to Ship with AmigaDE

Frederic Dehondt

Feb 23, 2002, 3:00:26 PM2/23/02
Nokia Set-top Boxes to Ship with AmigaDE
http://slashdot.org/articles/02/02/23/1315233.shtml?tid=138

AtlasT writes: "Amiga Inc. announced today that Nokia will be shipping
their Linux-powered "Mediaterminal" STBs with AmigaDE pre-installed.
These news along with the previously announced cooperation with Sharp
for their Zaurus PDA make the future of Amiga Inc. look a bit brighter
indeed. What we who use computers more often than PDAs and STBs wonder
is when we'll see the release of AmigaOS 4 and new machines. If you'd
like to have a pre-view of AmigaDE and some applications you can buy the
AmigaDE Player for Linux or Windows. I wouldn't mind running games like
Payback, a GTA2 clone, on a PDA!" The Nokia Media Terminal was supposed
to be launched in the second quarter of 2001, then by the end of 2001,
now... who knows

http://www.amiga.com
http://www.amiga.com/corporate/022202-nokia.shtml
http://www.nokia.com